Craigs Hut and Mansfield state forest

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Previous   1 2
Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
22 Feb 2016

() wrote:

Hey gary, I think the main opposition to pinapple flat came from me, we couldn't find a site which didn't have gum trees hanging above us.

If the DSE thinned the trees out a bit above the camp sites it would be fine, it was q......

You are in the high country mark, lots of trees! If it helps, put you swag/tent right next to your car next time, hopefully if something falls the ranger will take the damage

()
22 Feb 2016

You are in the high country mark, lots of trees! If it helps, put you swag/tent right next to your car next time, hopefully if something falls the ranger will take the damage

I would be more worried that something might fall of the ranger.  Only joking

()
22 Feb 2016

Yeah, but an open spot is always better, I did park the ranger close though. It wasn't a windy night so no real worry.

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
22 Feb 2016

Great report Andrew and congrats on running your 1st trip....yes. Great area you visited and like you, dont think too ......

Thanks Alan, we intened to be at Craigs hut for lunch but didn't get there until 2.30 there was three other cars there. I was talking to a lady at the top of Monument trk and she said was very busy at lunch time.

()
22 Feb 2016

() wrote:

I would be more worried that something might fall of the ranger.  Only joking

Spring washers work equally as well on all makes of vehicles mate.... that is if the fkers at the factory use them.

()
22 Feb 2016

Can you get a normal car up to Craig's hut now or is it still a bit rough for them?

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
22 Feb 2016

() wrote:

Can you get a normal car up to Craig's hut now or is it still a bit rough for them?

it would be risky you could get up there in 2wd from circut rd if you have enough clearance or don't like your car 

()
23 Feb 2016

Dunno why that car was just sitting there right at the top of the crest right in the way, there was heaps of room behind him. @33 sec he decided to move over, but I was already in a bad spot.

I should have stopped at the bottom and asked him to move before going up.

Big thanks to Michael for spotting me backwards, I hate driving back down on rocky sections without a spotter.

Previous   1 2