Favourite camp site

Forum > Open Discussion

()
30 Dec 2015

Hi what's your favourite camping spot?or second favourite,if you want to keep it a secret,I love Mitchell river reserve,up near Cooktown,crystal clear river,watch the rainbow fish swimming about,water is about 24 c,and bugger all people.Blairs hut up in mt bogong area,orgianal cattlemans hut ,great trout fishing,great walk up to the high plains and Weston's hut.

()
30 Dec 2015

Where is Cooktown in victoria Garry?

I like woods point, the recent wonangatta trip was great, talbotville looks like a good area next to the crooked river and of course wonangatta valley.

()
30 Dec 2015

() wrote:

Where is Cooktown in victoria Garry?

I like woods point, the recent wonangatta trip was great, talbotville looks like a good area next to the crooked river and of course wonangatta valley.

Far nth Queensland,bit.far for a long weekend,lol.yeah.mark there some good spots you mentioned,pineapple flat is a good spot,base camp,and do day drives,craigs hut ,lake willy hovell,mt buller,binderie falls,mt cobbler,the indian head,king river and hut easy tracks too,heaps to see and all shortish drives

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
30 Dec 2015

() wrote:
Far nth Queensland,bit.far for a long weekend,lol.yeah.mark there some good spots you mentioned,pineapple flat is a good spot,base camp,and do day drives,craigs hut ,lake willy hovell,mt buller,binderie falls,mt cobbler,the indian head,king river and......

what is the staircase on the way to Mt Cobbler like Gazza? I have been told Pineapple flat is top camp spot

()
30 Dec 2015

what is the staircase on the way to Mt Cobbler like Gazza? I have been told Pineapple flat is top camp spot

Hi Andrew,it's very easy,a standard height will just walk up it,I believe years ago it was harder,but not now,the main tracks in that area are very easy going.pineapple flat is a biggish grass area,it's got a great swimming hole and a 10 ft rock to jump off its deep in that spot,Its called pineapple flat because some ferns grow there that look like a flat.only joking,look like a pineapple,Iv looked for them,but never found one.another good camping area to base camp in that area is buttercup creek rd,near merijig.it doesn't get to busy and normal cars can get to that camping area,and drop toilets.

Jim
Jim (JimMc)
15 Feb 2016

I love camping along Crooked River between the many river crossings; there are many campsites, close to the river with lots of firewood and good fishing.

()
15 Feb 2016

I love camping along Crooked River between the many river crossings; there are many campsites, close to the river with lots of firewood and good fishing.

That is a magical area,great camping,and the history in that area.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
15 Feb 2016

I have a couple of quiet spots out in Wombat if I feel like nicking off by myself locally but basically anywhere that is peaceful and away from crowds, As long as there is a camp fire at night and kookaburra's in the morning Im happy. Have a couple of spots waypointed up in the high country from the last few trips that I'd like to get back to, on a ridge over looking the valleys. 

()
15 Feb 2016

I have a couple of quiet spots out in Wombat if I feel like nicking off by myself locally but basically anywhere that is peaceful and away from crowds, As long as there is a camp fire at night and kookaburra's in the morning Im happy. Have ......

I always seem to camp by a river,does anyone know of good camp spots that overlook the valleys,on top off a mountain,in the high country,that there willing share?thanks in advance

()
16 Feb 2016

Message deleted by the author.

()
16 Feb 2016

() wrote:
Message deleted by the author.

I can't think of one.

()
16 Feb 2016

() wrote:

I can't think of one.

No I can't ethier,unless you just camp on the track,years ago camped at Craig's hut,don't think you can camp there any more,great views while sitting around the fire. In the morning we where in cloud,got some great photos of the hut and knob rock surrounded by cloud.