Would a camping weekend get together work on this site

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
13 Feb 2016

Happy to hepl out with any organising, a BBQ for those that want to start the planning process might be a good place to start, somewhere central for anyone that wants to get involved in the planning stage.

Where is a central location, I am in Belgrave

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
13 Feb 2016

Message deleted by the author.

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
13 Feb 2016

Happy to hepl out with any organising, a BBQ for those that want to start the planning process might be a good place to start, somewhere central for anyone that wants to get involved in the planning stage.

We are Hallam

()
13 Feb 2016

Antony already listed the trip, there are 2 spots left.

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=399

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
13 Feb 2016

Hi Mark,  I did see that but cannot personally make it myself due to footy commitments that weekend with my kids.

I think the original intention of what Allan was proposing was a gathering that was not limited in terms of numbers in attendace and in the process of organising the weekend, run several trips over the course of the weekend to cater for all skill levels.   Also running other activities as well, say for the kids and potentially something to give back to the local community that welcomes us in.  (Correct me if I am wrong Allan)    It is daunting not limiting the numbers but it does open it up to everyone.   Past experience with the earth mob is that it is a great weekend and lots of fun to be had.

I hope the trip in May goes well, look forward to seeing the trip reports.

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
13 Feb 2016

Hey Matt, we should probably check with Kelvin that this is the sort of thing he is happy to have occur in connection with this site.

()
13 Feb 2016

Hi Mark,  I did see that but cannot personally make it myself due to footy commitments that weekend with my kids.

I think the original intention of what Allan was proposing was a gathering that was not limited in terms of number......

Yeah, I think Antony just wanted to get something going, rather than jibber jabber about it all year.

I'm sure the first 4x earth gathering wasn't as big and elaborate as the more recent ones, it will grow with time and each new event.

Perhaps someone could give Nick J a tap on the shoulder, he's a member here and was trip leader on the first 4x earth gathering.

The location in Licola has a number of campsites close by along the river, if needed a second or third group could go at the same time and use close by sites.

I have no idea if there is an array of easy/med/hard tracks in that area though, so dunno if you could run different level trips there.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
13 Feb 2016

Merri these gatrerings are an excellent idea and 4wd trip has no problem with any of the members organizing such events, I'm sure I don't need to mention this but I will, we need to respect other campers and behave in a responsible manner on the tracks, with over 1800 members it's getting increasingly harder to control this.

My tip would be to pick a date and a large enough camping area to accommodate your numbers, try to have a drop toilet and river or creek and as a base camp, camper trailer friendly.

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
13 Feb 2016

Merri these gatrerings are an excellent idea and 4wd trip has no problem with any of the members organizing such events, I'm sure I don't need to mention this but I will, we need to respect other campers and behave in a responsible mann......

Thanks and totally agree. I have been on too many other similar style things where respect for other members and other campers not associated with the gathering has gone by the way - side.

I think there are 3 of us prepared to put hands up to help organise so hopefully the ball will get rolling and a date picked.

Did you and/or Kelvin want any input into this? It would be great if you guys could be involved too.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
13 Feb 2016

Merri , it's likely one of us will join you , my wife won't camp so getting away over a long weekend is difficult without her .

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
15 Feb 2016

Merri , it's likely one of us will join you , my wife won't camp so getting away over a long weekend is difficult without her .

I do recall you saying that Allan when we ran into you up north last year at Bramwells.   I spose even if we end up with a couple of days prior to the long weekend you might be able to join us (work permitting).

Lorraine
Lorraine (Loopy)
20 Feb 2016

Reading all of these chatters. We would love to do a trip but we are new to this site and no experience 4 x4 . Spoil love to learn in a safe way and enjoy the outdoors more but not wreck our new Colorado.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
20 Feb 2016

Reading all of these chatters. We would love to do a trip but we are new to this site and no experience 4 x4 . Spoil love to learn in a safe way and enjoy the outdoors more but not wreck our new Colorado.

Lorraine, have a look in " find a trip"  there's a camping get together coming up . There will be easy trips out or you could just stay around camp and maybe pick up some tips

there are also lots of easy trips for beginners posted all the time, although you need to be quick to get in. A good place to start

Previous   1 2 3