Would a camping weekend get together work on this site

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Previous   1 2 3   Next
Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
17 Dec 2015

() wrote:

There always Warburton to woods point or moe to woods point to get to skipworth,or cut across from elidon  to Jamerson dirty rd

cops only real bad for long weekends, yours would be fine Al, they only go the knocked around crappers with 4 inch lift and massive tyres, which is only a good thing in my opinion

Jim
Jim (JimMc)
30 Dec 2015

Yep I'm all for a weekend get to gether, it a great way to get to know every one. as I'm away in the winter June/July in 2016 I be in outback South Australia, so any other time of the year is great for me. 

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
03 Jan 2016

I think it's a great idea. A ski/snowboard forum I'm on does it every year alternating vic and NSW resorts.

I would be more than happy to put my hand up to help coordinate the event, and I'm getting to know Walhalla reasonably well so if we did O'Tooles I could lead a convoy of beginner to medium experience drivers and also assist other convoys in planning their routes. Whilst I'm relatively new to leading trips and 4wding in general I actually feel pretty comfortable doing it, and I have been involved in event management as well.

One added bonus is I have a professional grade drone and would happily be a designated camera man with it for a half day to get footage for those who wanted it.

Count me in.

Andrew
Andrew (Shinysideup)
09 Feb 2016

I think it's a great idea. A ski/snowboard forum I'm on does it every year alternating vic and NSW resorts.

I would be more than happy to put my hand up to help coordinate the event, and I'm getting to know Walhalla reasonably well so i......

Happy to get involved and help out if need be. Have had some experience in this area as some of you would know wink.

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
10 Feb 2016

A great idea Gazza and worth considering. As Discomatt said, 4x4 Earth run a annual gathering at various locations, including O'Tooles, Talbotville or Skipworth with members  coming from Aust wide. They run excellent events but are ver......

Hey Allan, Shiney and I would be definitely interested in helping get this up and running.   It is such a great thing to be able to give back to the communities/areas that allow us in to enjoy doing what we do.   Perhaps a "Christmas in June"  (Queens b-day) weekend might be a great starting point.

Cheers,

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
10 Feb 2016

I would be more than happy to put my hand up to help coordinate the event, and I'm getting to know Walhalla reasonably well so i......

Myself and Shinysideup are both interested in getting ths gonig.  We have been out of the 4x4 sceen for a little bit but keen to get back going with it.  I think I mentioned below perhaps a "Christmas in June" (Queen's b'day) weekend might be a great starting point if not too many of the tracks are closed.

Shane
Shane (rvprado)
10 Feb 2016

i love the sound of these get togethers but they are all ways like in VIC, SA or NSW and i dont have the time to travel that far. would be cool to se these in QLD then i mite have half a charse of going to one.

Cheers

Shane 

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
10 Feb 2016

i love the sound of these get togethers but they are all ways like in VIC, SA or NSW and i dont have the time to travel that far. would be cool to se these in QLD then i mite have half a charse of going to one.

Cheers

Shane 

It's funny , Ime on a Facebook group for Chinese cars and they are based in SEQ. So I miss out on there get togethers 

I would come to a camping weekend in Victoria , but Ime out of the country in June/July . Love any other time

Peter
Peter (tankbloke)
11 Feb 2016

Myself and Shinysideup are both interested in getting ths gonig.  We have been out of the 4x4 sceen for a little bit but keen to get back going with it.  I think I mentioned below perhaps a "Christmas in June" (Queen's b......

Same as Merrie and Andrew, Been a bit lacking in local trips lately, but sounds good, Do as much or as little as you want.

Skipworth is a good idea, and as Matt said, unless you have an over the top shitbox, the coppers around Jamieson are pretty good.

Happy to put my hand up to help out.

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
11 Feb 2016

Same as Merrie and Andrew, Been a bit lacking in local trips lately, but sounds good, Do as much or as little as you want.

Skipworth is a good idea, and as Matt said, unless you have an over the top shitbox, the coppers aro......

That's awesome it seems there are at least a handful of us that are keen to do something. We were involved in the 4x4 earth events and have a great insight and some documentation on how to go about getting this going. I spose the the first 2 steps are date and location. Everything else can flow fom there.

We have had issues going through Mansfield (that may have been speed related....) but otherwise would agree that Skipwith had a lot going for it.

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
11 Feb 2016

Cheers

Shane 

Perhaps you guys could get something going up there and with pent of notice we migrate north for a bit

Shane
Shane (rvprado)
11 Feb 2016

Perhaps you guys could get something going up there and with pent of notice we migrate north for a bit
Yea its finding people that are willing to put in the work and have the knowledge as for me I have only owned a 4x4 for 6 weeks and don't hold it against me but I'm a kiwi and only been here 3 years and know squat out side of Brisbane.so I have no idea were to even start.

If there are enough knowledgeable people out there that what to start something I would be keen to assist were I can

Peter
Peter (tankbloke)
12 Feb 2016

That's awesome it seems there are at least a handful of us that are keen to do something. We were involved in the 4x4 earth events and have a great insight and some documentation on how to go about getting this going. I spose the the first 2 steps ......

Hi Merrie,

Reason Skipworth is good, you have Doctors creek campground just up the road,{which I actually prefer}, a couple of hundred meters away for any overflow.

I think it was Allan that mentioned a public holiday weekend would make it a little hard to get the sites that maybe needed, but with a bit of notice a day or two of annual leave or a sickie could be on some folks radar.

Been an Earther for a few years as well,.smiley

Merri
Merri (MadMerri)
12 Feb 2016

Hi Merrie,

Reason Skipworth is good, you have Doctors creek campground just up the road,{which I actually prefer}, a couple of hundred meters away for any overflow.

I think it was Allan that mentioned a public holiday week......

Stopped at Doctors but can't say we have stayed there. We normally go a tad further on to Snakes. Same set up as the rest up there just further on and less crowded. Happy to go where ever really, for us its an opportunity to get back into something we haven't done for a while.

Agree on the sites business over a public holiday but a day or 2 prior to public holidays is all it would take to get a good lookin somewhere.

I can't recall ever crossing paths on earth but then again with the number of members it is pretty difficult to remember everyone you run into.

Peter
Peter (tankbloke)
12 Feb 2016

Sounds good.

Sandra and I tend to do solo trips, but this sounds pretty good being  potentially the first 4wdtrip gathering.

Offer still stands to help get this up and running.

Only done private trips on Earth, but been there abouts since Jan 2010.

Previous   1 2 3   Next