David
David (Paul Patrol)
28 Jul 2014

I'm thinking of doing a Simo trip next  year. Thinking of going up to watch the Finke Desert Race, follow the Old Gahn Line, Dalhousie Springs Big Red etc. thinking of about  a 3ish week duration. I've never done this trip before but the people that I know who have say it's awesome. I'd like to travel with at least 3 other vehicles but the more the merrier. I've been told that many vehicles breakdown, particularly overloaded utes & camper trailers cop a hammering with many left abandoned on the tracks. I'd like to take the hand break & kids along for the experience.

i can take the time off easy to do the trip. I'm speaking expressions of interest as this is a trip that I don't want to attempt on my own. Oh, the FDR is on queens bday weekend.

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
29 Jul 2014

Was considering doing it also in 2015. A friend of mine was 

planning to do it this year but postponed so 2015 is the next opportunity for him. His group of 4 vehicles has done it before and they are good guys...... So in a "word " I would be possible starters as well. I may take two of the billy lids also..... Pencil it in.

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
29 Jul 2014

I would be in for sure but It would depend on when you are going. I've already got a trip to the Cape on the go for June/ July next year (2015) so if it was left till late Sep the I'd be there with bells on. I have plans to do the Simo at some stage, they why I've organised to do the trip up to Little Desert to get some sand driving in

David
David (Paul Patrol)
29 Jul 2014

Was considering doing it also in 2015. A friend of mine was 

planning to do it this year but postponed so 2015 is the next opportunity for him. His group of 4 vehicles has done it before and they are good guys...... So in a &quo......

Hi Brian,

as mentioned in my post, the Finke desert race is on the queensirthday weekend. Is not crucial to see this but I've been told it's pretty cool to see them fly past.

David
David (Paul Patrol)
29 Jul 2014

I would be in for sure but It would depend on when you are going. I've already got a trip to the Cape on the go for June/ July next year (2015) so if it was left till late Sep the I'd be there with bells on. I have plans to do the Simo ......

Hi Jase, as per my post, the Finke desert race is on the queens birthday weekend. If you're thinking September/October, the desert is bloody hot then mate. I believe they close the desert tracks about that time of year? The Cape is also on my bucket list but  a year or two later for me.

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
29 Jul 2014

Cape in 2016 ...... We have 4 cars so far interested..... H