Uploading pictures to your report in this section.

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
26 Nov 2015

Am sure Kelvin wont mind, but I have copied his instructions on how to add a picture to your trip report in this section to use as a reference when using this section of the forum for your trip reports. I have also added a few extra comments that maybe helpful for those like me who are pretty 'hopeless' when it come to using computers.

1. Click "Image" button

2. Click "Upload" tab

3. Select File to upload

This will be in a file section on your computer;  such as 4wd pictures or which ever folder/folders you keep your pictures.

4. Click "Send to Server" button to upload. Depends on your file size, it may take some time so please wait until it finishes uploading. 

* This can take sometime depending on original size of picture, but be patient as eventually the picture will come up, but it will be big and only show a small bit of the picture. You will then need to adjust the size.

5. Adjust the size (ususally you just need to resize the width. 400px is probably the best width for displaying). Click OK button to finish. 

With most of my pictures I take, the width is generally 1600. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE HEIGHT OF THE PIC. If yours is similar, even 1500, 1400 etc, JUST DELETE THE 1 (making it 600 etc) AND IT WILL ADJUST THE HEIGHT ACCORDINGLY and show a preview of your adjusted pic.  Then click the OK button and it will then be in your report.

PLEASE NOTE: You do have to do each picture seperately; cannot do a bulk upload.

Persevere; once you get the hang of it, it is not that difficult.

Have fun! 

()
07 Dec 2015

OK I worked out a problem that I'm having uploading pics.

In no3 the instructions show a choose file button, If I use explorer that button does not appear, see pic attached.

Now I thought ok I'll use firefox, that just will not let me log into the site at all.

So go to google chrome (free download) that lets me login and the photo function works perfectly. (that's what I used to upload this pic of the faulty explorer screen)

Is anyone else having a similar experience????

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
13 Sep 2016

() wrote:

OK I worked out a problem that I'm having uploading pics.

In no3 the instructions show a choo......

Mark, very few people can get their head around adding pics to reports in this section; that is why there are none....sad. Am sure if it was easier, many more would use it but as I have said, it is not all that difficult, just a little time comsuming.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
13 Sep 2016

Hope this helps Dennis.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
13 Sep 2016

Hope this helps Dennis.

Thanks

ive posted in the past but have recently had problems with pics

any differance posting wth iPad? Also it seems very slow thru the middle of the process

we would need kelvin involved but one American Isuzu forum I am on has a practice page for people to try different posts

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
13 Sep 2016

See if this works?

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
13 Sep 2016

See if this works?

Ok Ime in business . Thanks Allan.

from my iPad as well

I am sure I've done this recently but it didn't work

dennis