Are forum members really interested in Trip Reports?.

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 May 2016

Hi Allanmac.
I tend to disagree with you. I think its great to post report but not everyone would have time or good story telling skills. I have seen a lot of great reports not just in forum but also on the trip itself.
Your trip report is awesome and I love reading them. I posted most of thr trip photos on thr trip page as well as our 4wdtrip facebook.
I love your ideas and great to have you running trips.
Running trips and joining trips is what it is about. Trip report is a great way to capture the memory but don't feel that its a absolutely essential. I hope you can respect myself and other trip leaders who dont post trip reports. Don't feel I want to debate this over a forum but feeling that its getting a bit annoyed by your comment directing to me.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 May 2016

() wrote:

Yeah the pic posting needs to be fixed, I didn't bother taking pics on my latest trip as I had done that trip before and it was going to be a pain to post them.

Hi Mark... when I firsr developed thr site... i made it very easy to post photos on the trip page. No matter how large is your file, it would be a breeze to upload them. The trip report section in the forum is a request by Allanmac and honestly its not really designed to upload a large number of files. That's why you find it slow to upload them. Eay way to get around it is to have your photos and trip report posted to your trip ... then if you do want to share with people in the forum, post a link to your trip page.

()
18 May 2016

Yeah, OK I can see the difference with the pic posting interface in the trip thread section and the forum section.

Would it be a big job to make the forum section as easy to post pics as the trip thread section, ie have the same process/interface?

When I did mine it was a simple display only site, so I have no idea how hard this sort of thing is.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 May 2016

Good idea Mark... let me think about it how I can reuse the fast uploader on forum

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
18 May 2016

No debate here Kelvin, but you used to put up reports from your trips and surprised you didnt for the last two trips. Anyway, all good.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
18 May 2016

BTW Kelvin, have a look at Thurstains thread re; glitches and hopefully some may consider what I suggested.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 May 2016

No debate here Kelvin, but you used to put up reports from your trips and surprised you didnt for the last two trips. Anyway, all good.

No problem Al, I totally understand where you coming from. No hard feeling. 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 May 2016

BTW Kelvin, have a look at Thurstains thread re; glitches and hopefully some may consider what I suggested.

Yes, I have taken note on this glitch.......... just need some time to fix all these legacy issues. 

Previous   1 2 3