Best cv driveshaft supplier

Forum > Tech talk, questions

()
15 Nov 2015

Hey guys, I have developed a leak with the seal on the rhs of my pk ranger between the front diff and driveshaft.

I have never replaced the driveshafts and considering the effort to remove everything to replace the seal, I may as well replace the entire driveshaft, (and have an emergency spare).

I assume that seal is just a screwdriver pry out job, and tap in new one?

Anyway can someone advise of what's a good supplier of cv shafts?

Cheers Mark

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
16 Nov 2015

Mark, I have used a few, but from earlier experience DO NOT get one from Repco. 2 places I have used are Universal Driveshafts in North Melb who are aligned with Drivetech who have a factory in Bayswater. The other is A & F Driveshafts in Hawthorn East.

()
16 Nov 2015

Thanks Allan,

I rang them, they had one in stock $165, so popped down. The box looked a bit short to me so I checked it while I was there.

Wrong partangry They had to get the right one from brisbane another $25 and maybe by Wednesday.

Looked online found bearing wholesalers head office also in bayswater, they had the part in stock (in fack they had 8) $139 when I picked it up it had drivetec etched on the part..... sweet!

They have a massive wharehouse with all sorts of parts etc, so keep that one in mind.

Now I have to get the seal and put it all in.

()
17 Nov 2015

Bugger me, had a big day today!

Martin (BT50 driver) helped me out, I was hoping to have my cv done by the time Martin came at 10, so we could do the 2inch lift.

But alas it was a turd and I was only half done by the time Martin came.

Anyway we got that sorted then the 2 inch lift got started around noon, we did the shocks front and back, rear leafs, by the time that was done we were buggered.

Front torsions for another day.

Big big thanks to Martin for helping out!yesyes

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
18 Nov 2015

() wrote:

Bugger me, had a big day today!

Martin (BT50 driver) helped me out, I was hoping to have my cv done by the time Martin came at 10, so we could do the 2inch lift.

But alas it was a turd and I was only half done by the ......

And you know now what the missus is getting you for Christmas cheeky

()
19 Nov 2015

And you know now what the missus is getting you for Christmas cheeky

Ha ha , Caroline already got me an impact drivercheeky

I went to put the torions in today, that was a piece of cake.... till I went to fit the new ones, another wrong part.

So I put the old one back on and will wait for replacements.

Anyway let me know when yours come and I'll do them for you, as I know what a sook you are about getting your hands dirty.cheeky

Cheers Mark

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
20 Nov 2015

() wrote:

Ha ha , Caroline already got me an impact drivercheeky

I went to put the torions in today, that was a......

Hmm, who is the one stealing baby wipes from his own son to clean his hands?????  laugh

Were the torsion bars to thick or to short/long?

()
20 Nov 2015

They were too long and the spline was too big.devil my wife says that sometimes too.devil

Edit, aparently the knuckle draggers gave me Hilux torsion bars.angryangry

What is it with every friggin parts supplier sending out wrong parts????

Maybe they just like to F me up?? Then piss themselves laughing after I merrily walk out the door with the wrong part.... got me stuffed.frown

Martin, when you get your set check them at the shop, they should be around 1023 long and have a 31mm spline on both ends