Tallarook 14/11/15

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
1 2 3   Next

()
14 Nov 2015

We all met up and aired down at the start of Horans.

Did a loop I'm familiar with (it's in the files section of the trip)

Unfortunately most of it had been bulldozed flat for the firetrucks to get through safely.

Then we had a look at some other tracks

Well well, note to self, the puddle at the start of willies track is in fact a deeeeep bog hole.

We walked around and poked with sticks, but couldn't reach the middle, it looked easy as so off I went.

Lucky I have a snorkel, the front of my vehicle went down into a deeeeeep bog and of course I lost traction, it was well over the bonnet!

Foul stinking water started coming in the door seals, so James was quick on the strap and pulled me out.

Big thanks mate.

We did a few more tracks and I had to head off to steam clean my carpets to "get rid of the evidence" before I got in trouble.

Dez had a map so I handed the reigns over to him so they could look at the resevoir.

All in all not a bad day, sorry I had to go a tad early to clean up guys!

Pics and video to follow.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
14 Nov 2015

Make sure you give the radiator a good hose to get all the mud and silt out of the fines or you might end up with some major issues.

Good to hear you had a good day

Just glad you got her cleaned up mate .....like I said     I will (almost) follow you anywheresmiley. I had another great trip thanks to Mark. Bit sorry Christopher had too miss it, he had other plans not sure what could be more inportant than hitting the trks but there you go. That was my first time there. Will definetly head back soon and swag up at the Resevoir for the night great spot. Not sure if you noticed Dez and James there were no flies done at the resevoir.I must remember the entry to Willies for future reference, take the bypass. Don't forget to clean the winch as well Mark

Looking forward to the vids and pics Mark, i agree except for your little mishap it was a great day and great company.

Stay Safe on the Trks

Big Kev

()
14 Nov 2015

Yes Big Kev, (via text previously) I did get her cleaned up, took her through the car wash, cleaned underneath and yes Matt, did the radiator.

Steam cleaned the carpet.

While Caroline went to the shops I ran the winch in and out for a bit, just packed it up in time.

Covered up my mistake nicely, it would have been hard to explain that one since I was meant to be working.... Ha Ha Ha.

I hope you all had a great day, my mate Robbie had a ball.

That resevoir camping area looks nice, not sure what fish are there though? Anyone know?

Till next time cheers Mark

()
14 Nov 2015

BTW Kev, just goes to show how something tame looking can fool you.

Without a snorkle my engine would be stuffed, have a think about fitting one mate.

Cheers Mark

I'll have to update my profile pic with snorkle attached, a very worth while and cost saving mod!!!

() wrote:

BTW Kev, just goes to show how something tame looking can fool you.

Without a snorkle my engine would be stuffed, have a think about fitting one mate.

Cheers Mark

I'll have to update my profile pic with snor......

Your right Mark I should get one, But not quite keen to fit myself . It certainly saved your motor today

()
14 Nov 2015

Yep they are a good mod Kev.

I reckon you are ready to lead a trip yourself mate.

We'll do the Ranger trip next week, after that if you want to lead another tallarook trip I'd be happy to help.

You are ready.

()
14 Nov 2015

BTW Kev I have the correct size hole saw for the Ranger snorkle kit.

If you need a hand fitting it let me know, I did mine, and I clearly didn't f***k it up as I'm still rolling after that submarine effort.

Hi guys,

Thank you for a great day out in the bush. Well I cleaned my snatch strap tonight and it's ready for the next trip. 

I am looking forward to the next trip. I think I might have to put out an expression of interest with an overnight fish and stay at the reservoir.  If you do run another trip beginners trip up there with a bigger group I am happy to help out. (Even if it's just to put you out of another bog)

I am looking forward to seeing the photos and videos. I can edit and cut the video if you like. Even if you put the raw files on YouTube I can download them from there.

Thanks again for a great day out.

()
14 Nov 2015

Hi guys,

Thank you for a great day out in the bush. Well I cleaned my snatch strap tonight and it's ready for the next trip. 

I am looking forward to the next trip. I think I might have to put out an expression of......

Thanks again James, I owe you a slab mate, next trip. Let me know if you want to run a trip, I'd be happy to help.

Dez (dezezez)
15 Nov 2015

Thanks guys for yesterday, glad to hear the clean up went well Mark!

I've definitely tagged that spot for an overnighter swagging down by the reservoir.

Looking forward to the next trip already!

()
15 Nov 2015

Great to hear you enjoyed it Dez.

Keep an eye out for trips, this one didn't, but most fill very quickly.

Cheers Mark.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
15 Nov 2015

Good old Willies tk  Mark. Did that track many years ago and a mate drowned his landy in a boghole; guess it was the same one. Hope all is good with your Ranger and looking forward to seeing the pics and video, as it didnt happen unless you have pics.

()
15 Nov 2015

Ha ha , I have no pics of the submarine effort, my mate had it on video. Waiting for it to be put up.

I'll do pics when I get a spare min.

BTW it cleaned up fine, upon inspecting it all clean I noticed a leak between the front diff and cv driveshaft........ there goes a full day.angry

Dez (dezezez)
15 Nov 2015

Willies Track boghole . . . nasty

1 2 3   Next