1 2   Next
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
08 Nov 2015

We all had a very enjoyable day. We had 7 cars met at Glenburn servo, as I had asked Discomatt (Matt) to join us and assist if necessary and after introductions etc, we were on our way to Pine Tk where we all aired down. From there, we made our way to Martins that had some nice sections and arrived at the powerlines where the mandatory group pic was taken.

(Had to edit report as for some reason cannot put up pics and add text without it now being all over the place, so here are some pics only.)

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
08 Nov 2015

Admit, I am pissed off as just wasted over an hour of trying to put up a report of our great day out. Since format change, nothing bloody works anymore.

On a brighter note, was good to meet some other members of the forum.

Hi Al 

Thanks for an absolutely great day. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and the company was great. There was something different at each turn. Hope we can all do another trip soon. Thanks everyone for making today special. Well done to Mat Rick & John. Even though I never did the big hole I enjoyed watching you achieve it. See you all one day again on the tracks. 

Chris & Greg  Wiskey Girl 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 Nov 2015

Hi Al 

Thanks for an absolutely great day. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and the company was great. There was something different at each turn. Hope we can all do another trip soon. Thanks everyone for making today special. Well do......

Glad you and Greg enjoyed the day Chris. We did 'push the boundaries' a little with some of the tracks we did, but everyone drove very well. Am getting some video footage sorted and will post up tomorrow. Again, big thanks to Discomatt for helping me out on the day.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
09 Nov 2015

Sorry to here about the wasted hour Allan, am sure Kelvin will be onto it at his first chance.

Was a great day out and was realy good to be able to help out, hope everyone learnt a little about their cars and 4wding.

The only down side of the day was once again seeing soooo much rubbish left around and I forgot to throw on my wheel bag or rubbish bag so had to leave it, Even worse though was the fire that some absolute FW had left going at there camp and packed up and left it. With the weather that is coming that could easily start a massive bush fire and destroy not only the whole of Toolangi state park but also local homes and lives, once again what total inconsiderate FW's

Please, as someone who lives in a high bush fire area, ALWAYS put out your fire when leaving camp with water and NEVER drive off and think that will be OK because the risk is too high and it might no be OK

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 Nov 2015

Take Two.

After the group pic we made our way down Campsite Tk to the creek crossing where there is nice small camping area. As Discomatt mentioned, some idiots had left a fire burning and both Mark and Big Kev had water in their vehicles, so where able to put the fire out. Becoming pretty common these days; some just do not care about the potential consequences as a result of their stupidity.

From there, we made our way to Lukes Ck Tk No.2. Matt and I had not driven this track for some time as it had a huge boghole that was pretty well undrivable, but the bypass track was also now in this category. We arrived, expecting to have to turn around but a couple of new tracks had been formed and one of them allowed us to get around. From there, we made our way up Lukes Ck No.1 which had a nice steep rocky section then onto Downies Spur. Quite a few bogholes here that can be bypassed but again the bypass sections are starting to get more difficult and after the recent rains, had a fair bit of stinky water in them. We came across a Landrover that had attempted one of the bogholes, but his engine decided it wanted a drink, and was now stuffed. Unfortunately for a him it looks as though it is going to be a fairly expensive fix. Everyone made it along Downies without any issues and then we decided to make our way to Aeroplane Tk to show the group how chewed up a certain section of the track was. Again, wasnt too sure if we would be able to go down the side track as was expecting it to be very slippery but it wasnt too bad and most of the vehicles took this option. The 2 'young guns' were keen to go down the narly section, so Matt decided to show them how it is done. A few more pics to follow.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 Nov 2015

Aeroplane Tk.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 Nov 2015

We toyed with the idea of having a look at Cockpit, but as time was marchin on we decided against this and made our way back to the main road to air up and say our goodbyes. Was a very enjoyable day and big thanks to Discomatt for helping us out on the day. I think everyone enjoyed the day even though we may have pushed a few past their 'comfort zone' on a few sections, but everyone drove very well and hopefully learnt a few things. I am sure Ricky learnt to leave a slightly bigger gap when followed a vehicle down a slippery section, especially when the car in front stops suddenly..lol.

Again, thanks to all for the day. Small video to follow.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 Nov 2015

Here is the short video from the day.

Ricky
Ricky (R1XSTA)
09 Nov 2015

Hi all.

Had an absolute fantastic day on Sunday.
Allan you were fantastic as a trip leader, The day went extremely smoothly and couldn't have asked for better weather.

It was fantastic to have the commentary over the mic knowing where there is branches and dips to look for and to avoid hitting and causing damage.
The chosen tracks were really good and chosen well for the cars that were in attendance, luckily with no major recoveries being needed.

I can't wait to get some of the gopro footage as well as edit some of the photos that were taken throughout the day.
I had an absolute ball, really enjoyed that everything was run to a plan.
It really shows the lack of co-ordination my friends & I normally have when we head out - which was proven we have none as we went out that night and drove around for 5 hours and only did 2 tracks.

Will sort through those other photos and videos and hopefully have something up within the week!
Can't wait for the next.

Thanks for the amazing day.

Well, for the third time i have tried this. Had a fantastic trip again Alan, just finished washing the Ranger 4hrs yesterday and 2hrs this afternoon after work. I carnt wait to get her dirty againsmiley Fantastic and responsible group again this time Alan. Carn't say that about the dills who left that fire unattended. Those  and the people who bypass the closure gates are going to have us all and our kids kids and thier kids kids locked out for good. I wish people would just use their brains out there.

Enough of that I dont want that to spoil my memory of Toolangi.  Great video Mate and the pics are fantastic. We loved the trip the company (reponsible 4wd people) and the learning again. Missed Mark (Yarra Ranger) I am positive he would have enjoyed it as well.

PS: Does Johnny Jeep's partner need to have a Staun Deflater fixed to his ear yet.......lolsmiley. He was so proud he done that track. Quietly I think we were all proud of the three Guys that did it.

well done Again Alan dont let me forget your right hand Man on the trip Mathew. I would follow you and Mat anywhere.

Stay safe on the Trks

Big Kev and Christopher

(Riordak Ranger)

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 Nov 2015

Big Kev, glad you and Christopher again enjoyed the day and hopefully picked up a few new tricks to put in the bag. Also well done on being 'trip leader' for a section of Downies; excellent job. Was great to hear that both Ricky and Johnny enjoyed the day. Maybe it is because I am an 'old tosser' but must admit I always get a bit dubious when we have some of the young blokes on a trip as I have seen too many times to remember how most of them believe they are 'legends in their own bathwater', but not these two. Both were very responsible and keen to take in any advice or suggestions. Johnny has only had his jeep for a couple of weeks, but has already starting bragging how it will go anywhere...lol. Think Johnny was a bit keen to try a couple of the bog holes, but am sure Ricky will quietly talk him out of that habit in the not too distant future as Ricky has already decided bog holes are not worth the drama; and the $$$$; good call Rick.

Looking forward to seeing some of Ricky's video footage and pics.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
09 Nov 2015

WHATS THAT a jeep owner thinking his Jeep will go anywhere, never heard of that before???

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
10 Nov 2015

WHATS THAT a jeep owner thinking his Jeep will go anywhere, never heard of that before???

He must have been hanging around with you too often Big Al...lol

Ricky
Ricky (R1XSTA)
10 Nov 2015

Here is some photos from Sunday.
We tried to get as much of a variation within the shots that we could, although its quite hard to get a lot of action shots from the back of the pack - haha.

If anyone wants any particular photo unedited/in a large scale please let me know - As we shoot in RAW and generally a larger file size.

Apparently HTML codes don't work on here..?

I give up trying to make photos work.

1 2   Next