Zd30 auto problem

Forum > Tech talk, questions
Previous   1 2
Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
18 Nov 2015

Hwu guys just thought that i would touch base regarding the zd30 problem im having my 4b is still at outback 4wd they are saying the gearbox is all good and now an elec problem they put a scanner on it and it came up with a code 14 im not sure what a code 14 is can anyone shed some light if they know but all on all

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
18 Nov 2015

Hopefully i get it bak soon

()
18 Nov 2015

Still can't cut and paste info, it works in pm so I'll send it that way.

I don't know anything specific about nissan's so did a google and found there should be other numbers not just 14 (as far as I'm aware).

You need the full no, or just take it to nissan.

()
18 Nov 2015

Message deleted by the author.

()
19 Nov 2015

Chris, I have minding duties today, so can't work, if you want to borrow my bluetooth OBD2 dongle you are welcome. You just need to download Torque lite on your phone, set what vehicle you have and it will tell you the fault code and what it is. I can't guarantee it has a full database of explanation of nissan codes as I've never used it for that. But it's a better option than where you are at now.

BTW why the hell didn't outback 4wd do the obd2 test FIRST! I suppose they are going to charge you a heap for stuffing around with it for days and finding nothing.

Sometimes people use a light to read the codes, maybe that's what they did and misread the flashes and came up with 14?????

Cheers Mark

()
19 Nov 2015

Another option is to take it to Accurate automatics in 3/10 the nook bayswater 9720 2111 (only 1km from where you have it now)

I've used them before and they seem to know what they are doing, they have obd2 scanners.

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
19 Nov 2015

() wrote:

Another option is to take it to Accurate automatics in 3/10 the nook bayswater 9720 2111 (only 1km from where you have it now)

I've used them before and they seem to know what they are doing, they have obd2 scanners.

Thanks for tht mate i have brought a obd2 last week but havent been able to see what it does yet coz car is at outback i rang them today and they are going to have anotha look on Saturday for me so hopefully fingers crossed tht the rectify the problem coz im borrowing and mates car atm

Previous   1 2