Zd30 auto problem

Forum > Tech talk, questions
1 2   Next
Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
04 Nov 2015

Went 4x4ing today in toolangi and went up downies and found my self entering the big bog hole on the track and was all fine till we had lunch and was bout to head home when i put my car back into 2H and realised that i could only go about 40km/h and seemed to be stuck in 1st gear in D and wont change up gears i have a zd30 4 speed auto has anyone experienced this or heard anything as it is also my work car and no work means no money for playing in the bush

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2015

I have no idea but itcould well be mud and water in a soliniod and causing an electrical issue, I would be giving everything a really good clean and having a good look at all the plugs that have anything to do with the auto.

This is why when a few of us drove that track on Saturday we drove around the bog holes, I am in the same boat as you and the toy is also the work vehicle...

MUD = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Good luck with it !!!

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
04 Nov 2015

I don't remember whats it exactly called I think its called "Limp home mode". Bascially its still drivable but like you found out.. in a snail pace. Its likely you got mud and water in your ECU module. You need to dry it out. I don't exactly know the proper procedure but thats what I have experienced with a GU in one of my beginner trip. Like Matt said Boghole is a shit hole... they cost money and no technique whatsoever... hope you can get it sorted out soon

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
04 Nov 2015

I have no idea but itcould well be mud and water in a soliniod and causing an electrical issue, I would be giving everything a really good clean and having a good look at all the plugs that have anything to do with the auto.

This is ......

Thanks for the reply mate already done tht and still no go mite have to take to gwt looked at just thought id ask the question to see if it an easy fix

()
04 Nov 2015

Having a OBD2 bluetooth tool is fantastic, they are only $20 or so to get on ebay, the interface works on your mobile, with a free app.

Then you can see what error codes came up. Basically when you take it to a mechanic that's the first thing they will do.

The cars computer tells you what's wrong with it, all you need is that $20 part.

You can also keep an eye in real time of your boost pressures, coolant temp, etc, basically everything the car computer has info on.

i offered to put it in a friends car once as it had a warning light on the dash, she said nooooooooooooooo I need an auto professional.

Anyway the "Auto fkn professional" came around did the same test I would have done and found it was just a faulty brake light! WTF, why the maker would have a faulty brake light bring up an engine check light on the dash has me stuffed.

She paid a heap of cash just to have that diagnosed and fixed (dumbass).

()
04 Nov 2015

Message deleted by the author.

()
04 Nov 2015

Another thing you could try is re-setting the cars computer by disconnecting the battery overnight, sometimes,not always, but sometimes this will clear a code, it should still be stored so you can see what it was when you use the OBD2 tool.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2015

() wrote:

Having a OBD2 bluetooth tool is fantastic, they are only $20 or so to get on ebay, the interface works on your mobile, with a free app.

Then you can see what error codes came up. Basically when you take it to a mechanic that's th......

Wasn'ton a Discovery 3 was it,I know they are super sensative to incorrect or faulty globs or brake switchs which throw heaps of fault codes then put the car into limp mod, new cars are getting worse not better...

()
04 Nov 2015

Wasn'ton a Discovery 3 was it,I know they are super sensative to incorrect or faulty globs or brake switchs which throw heaps of fault codes then put the car into limp mod, new cars are getting worse not better...

Nup, it was a typical chicks car, I can't remember exactly, i think it was a nissan or mitsubishi.

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
04 Nov 2015

() wrote:

Nup, it was a typical chicks car, I can't remember exactly, i think it was a nissan or mitsubishi.

2002 nissan patrol
Levels are good
Battery terminal off
Checked ecu
So hopefully in the morning it will be ok or if not the missus will be at home all day coz ill have to take her car

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Nov 2015

So how was it this morning??

()
05 Nov 2015

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Nov 2015

() wrote:

yes

()
06 Nov 2015

Usually no news is good news, I hope you sorted it out Chris, if so, it may help others with a patrol in the future to know what the problem/solution was.

Chris
Chris (dekoning54)
06 Nov 2015

() wrote:

Usually no news is good news, I hope you sorted it out Chris, if so, it may help others with a patrol in the future to know what the problem/solution was.

Sorry for tht late reply still havent found out what is wrong its going to outback 4wd monday to see whats going hopefully nothing major but will let you guys know what it was

1 2   Next