Commit, not; 'Am interested but yet to confirm'.

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 Nov 2015

Noticed that there are a couple of beginners trips next weekend that are both full, but have lots of 'interested but yet to confirm'. Personally, I find this 'interested but yet to confirm' a bit of a wank as the majority express interest but have no intention of joining, just want their name on the list to say they are interested. Harsh maybe, but so be it.

Anyway, now that seasonal closures are over, I am willing to run a trip to Toolangi next Sunday the 8th for those who are fair dinkum in wanting to attend and maybe an opportunity for those who missed out in getting on the 2 trips that are running next weekend. This will not be a 'beginners' trip as such, but trip criteria is as follows;

Driver experience: - Less than 2 years.

Vehicle Requirements:- Can be totally stock but must have A/T tyres as minimum plus basic recovery gear, snatch strap, shackles etc & UHF radio either hand held or in car.

Trip details: - Plan is drive 5 or 6 nice tracks that have now reopened in Toolangi that have steep ascents and descents plus the odd creek crossing and some small rutted muddy sections.

As I have commitments later this day, plan is to commence at aprox 8.30am and finish the day by 3pm.

Trip Numbers: -  I will be limiting this to 8 vehicles and will ask a experienced mate to help out on the day, meaning vacancies for 6 vehicles.

Again, if you are prepared to commit and not just 'express interest', let me know via these thread as decision will be made tomorrow afternoon if I go ahead with this trip.

If you have any questions/queries, just ask.

Cheers

allanmac

()
03 Nov 2015

Hi Allan,

we have discussed this before, my view is there should be no "im interested" How the F do you plan a trip with that level of commitment?

I have a few trips under my belt now, but have never done anything in Toolangi, so you can take my yes to the bank.

However if a first timer wanted to come I'd happily let him/her have the spot if the trip got filled.

PS that Tallarook loop was a ripper, Martin,Andrew and I had a ball on the recon, such a shame with those fires, hopefully the tracks haven't been changed too much by graders/dozers.

Cheers Mark

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 Nov 2015

() wrote:

Hi Allan,

we have discussed this before, my view is there should be no "im interested" How the F do you plan a trip with that level of commitment?

I have a few trips under my belt now, but have never done anythin......

Mark, agree with you re; the interested thing  and can assure you that you will love Toolangi. Guess that you are keen to join this trip.?

Mark, agree with you re; the interested thing  and can assure you that you will love Toolangi. Guess that you are keen to join this trip.?

Alan ,Mark hope you blokes are keeping well, Christopher and I would also love to come but unfortunately and luckily we are heading back into My Dissa next Sunday with Kelvin. Hopefully after that I have gained enough confidence to lead a trip into My Dissa myself. Stay safe on the tracks fellas.
Big Kev

Alan ,Mark hope you blokes are keeping well, Christopher and I would also love to come but unfortunately and luckily we are heading back into My Dissa next Sunday with Kelvin. Hopefully after that I have gained enough confidence to lead a trip into ......

Alan, I am like a cat on a hot tin roof, its now late afternoon, Christopher is chomping at his bit waiting for you to announce the trip Christopher and I want to join.

()
04 Nov 2015

Don't stress Big Kev, dont get too "I'm exited" if Allan cant fit it in I'll get the tracks plan off him and run it with a smaller group.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
04 Nov 2015

Alan, I am like a cat on a hot tin roof, its now late afternoon, Christopher is chomping at his bit waiting for you to announce the trip Christopher and I want to join.

All good Big Kev, going to post trip up in the next 15 mins. No response from other forum members so will be my call who comes on the trip.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2015

well I can't come, to many years wheelingcrying

()
04 Nov 2015

All good Big Kev, going to post trip up in the next 15 mins. No response from other forum members so will be my call who comes on the trip.

Hey Allan in my limited experience 3-4 car groups are more fun and better moving anyway.

wink

()
04 Nov 2015

well I can't come, to many years wheelingcrying

Well then you can go to the bean festival.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2015

have to work Saturday but I do love beans so might be a goer for Sunday

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
04 Nov 2015

have to work Saturday but I do love beans so might be a goer for Sunday

Matt, you are my experienced mate to help out on the day. Cheryl is coming, so bring Liza.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2015

Matt, you are my experienced mate to help out on the day. Cheryl is coming, so bring Liza.

Oh ok we have nothing on, all terrains are back on the car, what tracks you thinking?

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
04 Nov 2015

Oh ok we have nothing on, all terrains are back on the car, what tracks you thinking?

Nothing hard; Martins, Campsite, Luke Creek, Downies etc.