melbourne cup day gembrook

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Previous   1 2
Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
04 Nov 2015

I just finished fixing my winch and it works like a beauty now.

Thank you all for the help and thank you Steve for a good suspensful trip.

Sliding off the road is not as bad and scary as everyone say's (depends of the bushes next to you) and the only non damage i have is that the side step has moved a bit backwards.

Not hearing anything after someone flips is a bit scary but luckily everything was ok.

So all in all there will be three winch demo video's that i hope will be posted.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2015

Was bullock link open?

Danny (80Wally)
04 Nov 2015

Like you said its only a posession and any time everyone makes it home safe is a good day :)

I went back about 1/2 a mtr and yep back left wheel just went down and over she went very slight mistake and whamo

but thats the game I suppose. I will be pulling everything out today for sure collect what I can out of it for the next 1.

Great pics too Steve cheers again

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
04 Nov 2015

Shows how much a roof top changes the centre of gravity, doesn't look much of a side angle where the 80 had a rest, glad no one was injured, as you say cars can be fixed

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
04 Nov 2015

Hi Danny,

Sorry to hear your drama. I strongly suggest you remove your spare tyre and rooftop tank if you plan to do more trips like this in Victoria. It happened to my last trip when one of my mate had an exact setup (Spare tyre, rooftop tent AND roofrack)..... he nearly rolled at Deep Creek 1.... luckily we jumped on his truck and hooked up the winch.....

You have over 100 KG on the roof......... 

Cheers

Kelvin

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
17 Nov 2015

Jeez Wally, I am like Mark in saying dont think it is a good day if any vehicle rolls or gets badly damaged. In saying all that, no one was hurt which is a good thing.

Steve, thanks for making the effort to put up a report along with some nice pics; well done. Have been to Gembrook once but not a fan as the mud there 'sets like concrete'....angry.

Previous   1 2