melbourne cup day gembrook

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
1 2   Next

Day started we met in the main street of gembrook  said our hello,s  looked at maps and then headed off  down the road the side off the state forrest we picked all still had locked gates so we headed arund to the northern side of the park  1st track we found gate open was watson trk  did a loop of it because our exit gate was still locked  2nd trk we looked at was anderson trk 1 or 2  klms in we found the track to hard for some cars so we turned around and headed out the way we came in  at the entrance to andersons we ran into the park ranger and he told us some easy trks to do sowe headed tonash creek loop trk next to andersons to try  i went up first  no trouble   the got out to video the oters wheh i hear on the radio somewone has rolled   then found danny {80wally}  on his side    everyone came up the hill and helped with the recovery   back on its wheels it started and drove out to the main road to see what we were going to do next then we desided to head to the top half the park so we drove along bunyip ridge trk {EASY}  then on to bluerange road where there was mud holes every where with water  some went around them  martin{bt50} slid off the road  and we hane to do another group effort in recovery   once back on the track we headed out of the park to make our way home      Not bad for an easy day trip   thanks martin  /danny /brother and everyone else on trip for a fun day   

fil steve  ex  blue rangie  now  a landcruiser

()
03 Nov 2015

Jeez, how are Danny and Martins vehicles?

Message deleted by the author.

() wrote:

Jeez, how are Danny and Martins vehicles?

both are drivable ?????????  how do i post pictures please anyone

()
03 Nov 2015

If you hit reply a window will come up, at the top there are icons, to the right in the middle row is the pic upload button, it's between the flag and the f in a red circle.

Click that, it will come up with another window, select the file path and click send to server, then ok.

PS you need to resize most photos, I find if you open it in paint and resize to 20% it normally works ok.

I'll test one on the new system.

()
03 Nov 2015

OK still works, btw that's one of my rc models 30cc 80 in wingspan.

()
03 Nov 2015

Nice, p51 mustang is it mark? Sorry guys went of topic too....,hope no one hurt or any vehicle damage

()
03 Nov 2015

() wrote:

Nice, p51 mustang is it mark? Sorry guys went of topic too....,hope no one hurt or any vehicle damage

Yep, I mainly build WW1 stuff, mainly 1/4 scale, but I have a few WW2 birds, working on a 3m w/s HS129 now.

Sorry Steve, off topic, just grabbed a fav pic.

Steve if you want me to talk you through the photo process give me a ring on 0447 354 759

()
03 Nov 2015

()
03 Nov 2015

() wrote:

If we want to talk planes I think PM would be better, I don't want to hijack this Gembrook thread.

()
03 Nov 2015

Hi Steve, sorry I wasn't much help on the phone with Mac's it's totally different.

Try this to resize the photo's, that should solve your problem.

http://www.wikihow.com/Resize-Pictures-%28for-Macs%29

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 Nov 2015

both are drivable ?????????  how do i post pictures please anyone

Steve, is a little difficult, but once you have done it once, it is quite easy.

1. when you reply, hit the 'image' button, (next to red f thing)

2. Hit upload.

3. Hit 'browse' and pick the picture from relevant folder.

4. Then hit 'send to server'.

5. After a short whil pic will come up and on the left will be pic size; usually 1600.

6. delete the 1 then hit ok.

then hit ' post reply' and pic will come up.

Shame to hear you had a few dramas on your trip, but main thing is that everyone is ok.

Danny (80Wally)
04 Nov 2015

What a great day got to do exactly what the thing was made for not so much the rolly part but ah. (Insurance) and It just means the next one will have to be better.(or mayb let the missers drive or mayb not)

http://prntscr.com/8ygmru

A big thanks to Steve for the day

Martin for the Extra entertainment I couldn't provide,and my brother Wayne and Rob for all the help with flipovers and alike and his beautiful girls Mandy,Charlie,Josie.(Sorry Josie I didnt mean it) 

Ill post the rollover and a few other vids tomorrow.(too tired)

Theres some great beginner and medium to hard tracks out there all tracks nth of powerlines are open as far as we seen.

Looking forward to the next one Appreciate the efforts by all on the day.

()
04 Nov 2015

Bloody Hell Danny, you are a positive person!!

If I flipped my rig there is no way I would say what a great day. Glad you are all OK, possessions can be replaced.

If you think they will write it off you might think about pulling off some accessories, winch etc.

How did you do that? When you reversed were you trying to get out of the ruts to take a different line?

1 2   Next