NEW FEATURE!! - Rate a 4WDer (member)

Forum > Announcements
Previous   1 2
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 Aug 2014

I think it may work better if you made it like a best and fairest vote were everyone that attends a trip votes for their top 3  with a 3,2,1 vote with no comments and the vote being secret. Not about who gets up that hill but who helps out......

My opinion with that is, some will try to do something they are normally not comfortable with doing. Have seen this happen on a fair few ocassions that end very 'pear shaped'...sad.

Again, rather than vote on 'driver ability' as such, give a good rating to those who are prepared to help out on the day, give advice where necessary, & have the 'balls' to say no to something they are not comfortable with.

Simon
Simon (1TUFFGU)
05 Aug 2014

Initial thoughts, like those of Rigger & others, ' this is going to be a disaster.'..sad.  Then after......

I totally agree. I have been a part of a forum where a person who believed that just because they had been around the industry for a long time, that they were more knowlegable, and a better driver than others and just could not be told. The truth was, they were actually a pretty good trip organiser, just not such a great technical 4wdriver(contrary to their own beliefs).

p.s. allanmac its been a long time. Last trip I did with you was in my Green GU TD42T a couple of years back.

Cheers

Simon 

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
08 Sep 2015

As Alan said panderas box

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Oct 2015

If possible can we have negative stars for people who think they are the bees knees and as Allan said behave irresponsibly by driving in 2wd, drive off the tracks, leave rubbish, have ridiculously big fires, throw there crap in fire pits etc.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
07 Oct 2015

Matt this is not the best place to post negative comments about anybody ,facebook seems to be that place ,we would rather see positive comments and if there is nothing good to be said don't say it here, keep it for your private conversations 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
07 Oct 2015

your dead right All,there is already to much negativity in the world, rather than a black star instead of a gold star, so to speak, maybe we should introduce a code of ethics or standards if you like for camping and wheeling that members need agree to in much the same manner as the legel agreement that has to be ticked off before joining a trip.

Just thinking out loud, I am sure the committee can discuse it

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
07 Oct 2015

Lets not confuse the legal disclaimer with what your talking about , the legal disclaimer is there to help stop 4wdrtip getting it's arse sued, we will always encourage and expect everyone to do the right thing but we won't become judge jury and exercutioner , if people want all this legistation they should probaly join a club, we will continue to lead by example and do this in a non confrontational manner, and I am not for one second trying to down play your concerns and I wouldn't expect everyone to deal with the issues " you have " the way I would .

This will be all I have to say on this subject as I don't usually have to have the last word.

Previous   1 2