Pyranees Trip, Old Bluff Track & Surrounds

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
21 Oct 2015

Hi Guys, I have made the unfortunated blunder and posted up an expression of interest trip in the 4wdtrip section, (still trying to learn all the features of this site) and then seen this part of the forum. 

Just wondering would anyone be interested in heading on over to the pyranees avoca region for a bit of a crack at old bluff and surounding tracks?

After looking at some youtube footage of Old Bluff Track it is fair to say that this particular track is quite steep, rocky and gets vehicles on some pretty serious angles and has been rated as a harder track than Rocky track at toolangi. 

Please be advised that this trip is for Very experienced drivers with well set up vehicles with a minimum requirement of Winch, recovery gear and at least 1 locker wouldnt go astray . I do believe there is a chicken track (no harm or eyebrows raised if choosing this) as we would prefer everybody to be safe than having any mishaps. 
I believe that the rest of the area isnt too full on but would like to stick to the general requirements mentioned above. 

Dates are anywhere after melbourne cup weekend and before the 27th of november. 

Please advise if any of you are interested and I shall confirm dates at a later stage. 
PS If anybody knows this area and tracks quite well would be good to have you and your knowledge on board as saftey is paramount 

Regards 
George

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
21 Oct 2015

George, am interested as have been wanting to get back up there again. Discomatt & I were there in April this year after completing our Border Tk trip and drove a few of the tracks, but missed out on many others. Will keep an eye out if you go ahead with this.

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
21 Oct 2015

George, am interested as have been wanting to get back up there again. Discomatt & I were there in April this year after completing our Border Tk trip and drove a few of the tracks, but missed out on many others. Will keep an eye out if you go ahead with this.

Good to hear Allan.
I shall keep you posted

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
21 Oct 2015

Yep I would be keen on this one

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
21 Oct 2015

Hi guys they have approved my trip on the trip page so for those of you interested fire away