Toolangi Trip Melb Cup weekend.

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
14 Oct 2015

Whilst many of us have the luxury of a extended long weekend on the Melb Cup weekend with some heading up to the High Country etc, there are some of us who unfortunately have to work on the Monday.

As this is also the 1st weekend that seasonally closed tracks reopen, I am probably going to run a trip up to Toolangi on the Saturday Oct 31st. The decision for me will be to decide whether to make it a day trip or night run..indecision. If I make it a daytrip, would be great if some of those who have been on my recent beginner trips are able  to join us, especially those who have never been to Toolangi before. I will say that we will be 'uping the ante' somewhat as some of the tracks will be classified as hard and as a result I make no apologies for screening those who either join the trip or express interest. IF I decide to make it a night run, this proposed trip will be only open to those who have driven the following tracks in daylight; Rocky, Cockpit, Blowhard, Aeroplane, Lyndalls (Red East) etc etc. as driving these tracks at night is a totally different ballgame from driving them in daylight.

So if anyone not going away that weekend and would be prepared to commit to either, (not this 'interested yet to confirm'; sorry but I believe many just do this even though they have no intention of going), yell out and let me know what you might prefer; day or night.

Cheers

()
15 Oct 2015

Hi Allan, if you are going to up the ante, then I'll have to pass, my vehicle really need suspension upgrade even for the stuff we have done. I don't want to push my work vehicle beyond its limit's. Cheers Mark

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
15 Oct 2015

Ah love a trip when Allan says he is going to ramp it upwink

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
15 Oct 2015

() wrote:
Hi Allan, if you are going to up the ante, then I'll have to pass, my vehicle really need suspension upgrade even for the stuff we have done. I don't want to push my work vehicle beyond its limit's. Cheers Mark

Mark, totally understand as a few of the tracks would require some assistance for you, only due to your lack of of suspension lift. If totally dry, you could straddle ruts on some of the tracks, but if wet and you had to stay in the ruts you might be in trouble. As you said, it is your work vehicle so cannot afford to damage in any way, but if you want to give it some more thought, send me a message and I will give you a full rundown.,

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
15 Oct 2015

Ah love a trip when Allan says he is going to ramp it upwink

Matt, you know all the tracks I will plan for the trip, so will be of no surprise to you.

Alan as much as Christopher and I would love to go, but without the suspension upgrade. I hate to have say this and I know I don't want to but we have to pass. 😂
Big Kev

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
19 Oct 2015

Alan as much as Christopher and I would love to go, but without the suspension upgrade. I hate to have say this and I know I don't want to but we have to pass. 😂
Big Kev

Good call Kevin and to be perfectly frank, I would have politely suggested that you give this a trip a miss as I vehicle damage is highly probable without suspension lift and bigger tyres on a couple of the tracks. Will probably run another trip there, or to Tallarook, with tracks a little more suitable for either unmodified or slightly modified vehicles.

()
19 Oct 2015

Kevin when Tallarook opens we'll do the loop that Allan suggested.

Tallarook, for anyone who hasn't been is fantastic jam packed place with lots of easy/med tracks.

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
21 Oct 2015

Hi Allan, Unfortunately i will be in the High country over this period but thought since you wanted to "Up the Ante" could also throw in Walking Track since youre up that way. 
Walking Track is a bit of a meany,not sure if many have heard of this one before as we discussed it around the fire briefly on our walhalla trip and not many knew it.

I would have to say its a little bit harder than Rocky , 
All the best with the trip planning and hope you guys have fun. 

Kind Regards 
Georgie

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
21 Oct 2015

Hi Allan, Unfortunately i will be in the High country over this period but thought since you wanted to "Up the Ante" could also throw in Walking Track since youre up that way. 
Walking Track is a bit of a meany,not sure i......

Thanks George, have driven down Walking Track that has been renamed Reds East Track. Lyndells Tk has also been renamed; it is now Reds West Tk even though I still believe it is still signposted Lyndells Tk.

Yes, trip is planned and posted.

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
21 Oct 2015

Thanks George, have driven down Walking Track that has been renamed Reds East Track. Lyndells Tk has also been renamed; it is now Reds West Tk even though I still believe it is still signposted Lyndells Tk.

Yes, trip is planned and posted.

Ah ha ! 
That explains why i cant find anything on line about it !
Cheers Allan, 
All the best with it, if you get a chance head upwards and let us know how you go,