Mt Dissapointment recon 10/10/15

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
1 2   Next

()
10 Oct 2015

Well after the dissapointment of Tallarook ablaze I decided to have a look at Mt Dissapointment (quite fitting)

I just took 6 vehicles so sorry to those on the Tallarook trip that missed out.

There were 4 Rangers in prep for the Ranger 4 day high country trip, they all needed and enjoyed the practice and experience.

Well done guys we tackled the ladder, we did go down it, but it's still hairy enough, much of the other tracks you could take a commodore down, Stony ck had a turd spot at the ck exit, that was tricky too, that was a bit tricky.

All up we had a great day, there are so many tracks there, maybe we just got unlucky and didn't find enough interesting ones.

My pics to follow, sorry I don't have many as I spotted a lot of the time, if anyone else has some please upload them.

Cheers Mark

Scott
Scott (Stonekillerz)
10 Oct 2015

Would love to see the pictures allan took

()
10 Oct 2015

Would love to see the pictures allan took

Me too

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
10 Oct 2015

Well Mark, we did find a few good tracks. Like you, wont be rushing back there as many tracks we did were overgrown and all vehicles copped heaps of 'pinstripes'. Felt sorry for Jason, as his Ranger did not have a mark on it, prior to this trip.....crying.

We all met at Macca's Whittlesea, then headed into the forest to airdown.

Scott.

Jason

Martin

We did a couple of tracks  that were fairly straightforward, then I asked if anyone wanted to have a look at 'The Ladder'. All said yes, so we made our way to the beginning of the track. One of the tracks on our way to the ladder.

We then arrived. (Didnt get any good pics as was too busy spotting.)

Once we were all down the bottom, we continued to the picnic area to have lunch, after driving through a boghole section.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
10 Oct 2015

After our lunch stop, we continued on. Nothing overly exciting except all vehicles were getting more pinstrips....sad. We then arrived at section of track where I thought, 'this is going to be a winch job for a few", but all did a sensational job without any recoveries required.

We then drove a few other tracks, then we all headed home.

Again, a enjoyable day with great company and the inexperienced guys did a magnificent job in driving a couple of tracks that they really should have not, but they wanted to try and again, they did exceptionally well.

Thanks again Mark for arranging the outing and think I will be up early to give the paj a bit of a cut & polish to try to remove a few of the pinstripes. Cant wait to get back to Tallarook as wont be going here again.

PS: Scott, you can 'copy image' if you want any of the pics. Some great pics taken by Mark.

Great pics guys. Glad to hear you all had a great day out. I wouldn't mind trying the Ladder going down next time. 

()
10 Oct 2015

Great pics guys. Glad to hear you all had a great day out. I wouldn't mind trying the Ladder going down next time. 

I know some say going down is easier, well yes you are assured of getting down, but it is still a tad hairy.

When you go up you can try a different line if it doesn't work, not so easy when going down though.

I would like to go up one time, even if the winch is required in some spots.

I think the area has too few medium opportunities, it's either boring easy or on the hard side.

If someone can offer more tracks there where you don't have to travel ages to find an interesting spot, I'm all ears.

Still a great day though, but like Allan I prefer Tallarook.

()
10 Oct 2015

Also, a special mention to Kevin, most improved driver of the day.

He hadn't taken his Ranger offroad before and didn't really know what a 4x4 could do.

Then we gave him the ladder!! WTF

He did see mine go through just fine, so all that was required was the right line, but well done mate!

I'm sure all those that attended gained pinstripes but more importantly some confidence.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
10 Oct 2015

() wrote:

Also, a special mention to Kevin, most improved driver of the day.

He hadn't taken his Ranger offroad before and didn't really know what a 4x4 could do.

Then we gave him the ladder!! WTF

He did see mine ......

Agree Mark, think if Kevin had his way we would still be out there driving tracks.....surprise. Big tick to all those who attending as I suspect most were taken out of their comfort zone, but because they all were prepared to listen, take advice/suggestions on board etc, everything went smoothly. Am sure those attending the Ranger outing and the Wonnangatta trip will have a little more confidence in both themselves & the capability of their vehicles.

()
10 Oct 2015

And I can't forget to thank Allan, being trip leader is made very easy when having the assistance of an experienced 4 wheeler like Allanyes

Thanks Mate!

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
10 Oct 2015

() wrote:

I know some say going down is easier, well yes you are assured of getting down, but it is still a tad hairy.

When you go up you can try a different line if it doesn't work, not so easy when going down though.

I would l......

I agreed 100% Mark. Going down a rocky track is actually more techncial than going up. If you have ever driven Rocky Track at Toolangi, coming down is a whole different ball game. 

I've done Laddar few times but all went up, never went down. You guys did a fantastic job! 

Mark Allan, Christopher and I had a fantastic day as we all did I'd say, thanks to a couple of great blokes. the experince all you guys shared was fantastic, a great bunch of guys. well the ladder what can i say except agree with Mark....wtf!!!yes but just absolutley loved it, And your right Alan We wanted to stay for ever but all good things come to an end. Thanks again guys we are both sure we will see you all again out there on the tracks. Jas you will forget those pinstripes one day next week mate. stay safe on the tracks guys.

Till next Time

Big Kev&Son 

""stone the flamin crowsfrown "" what happened to my Profile pic I can fix it

Sorry about the sound guys https://youtu.be/kUD06rjpMM0 i should have that fixed next trip...anyways who wants to here a grown man squeal like a litte girl..smiley

()
11 Oct 2015

Kevin it said the video is private

1 2   Next