Gps Navigation Units

Forum > Tech talk, questions

()
09 Oct 2015

Hi all i am nelson from melbourne newly joining this forum have a toyota land cruiser that I need a reversing camera, gps satellite navigation and Bluetooth hands free talking function. any advics or a suitable company with good reputation ?

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
10 Oct 2015

Hi Nelson

The old saying "you get what you pay for" definitely applies with head units, I bought an e*%#z unit about 12 months ago for about 400 bucks and it is absolute shite , the phone Bluetooth is garbage (people cannot hear you from all the interference) the radio only works properly on 2 stations (the rest for some reason will not stay in tune) the navigation works but it is far from acceptable, the reversing camera is the only feature that works properly. In my opinion your better off forking out your hard earned on a unit from a known brand . They are probably double the price of the e bay garbage but as I said "you get what you pay for". I'd also be interested in what other members are running in their rigs and how they perform ?, I'm currently thinking about getting a dedicated Bluetooth unit with a stereo and running a separate maps/nav unit like a hema/mud maps type set up.

cheers

Luke 

Corey (Corey665)
11 Oct 2015

Hi Nelson check this link...
http://www.ppacaraudio.com.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=60

()
13 Oct 2015

Luke thanks for your great opinion and advice. yes

()
13 Oct 2015

Also thanks corey  for your provided link surely will check .

()
16 Oct 2015

using the ppa car audio products ( caravan reversing camera) Great quality & support.

()
24 Oct 2015

Thanks all of your great opinions and advices,
I ended up purchasing the Kenwood brand navigation unit with Bluetooth and reversing camera from ppa car audio and really like it.

()
27 Oct 2015

Finished the installation of Gps navigation unit with bluetooth, reversing camera, digital radio, normal radio, dvd, connects to steering buttons on steering wheel etc from ppa car audio,

Overall, I found  ppa car audio the best, they were able to assist me were very knowledgeable and seemed to know what they were talking about. I must admit I am satisfied with what I have recived, every thing works like a well-oiled clock.I arranged to get the unit installed 1 day after calling the team at PPA, their professional came to my work , installed the whole lot in under 4 hours and left.
However all good and very pleased with the unit I am happy with the result.

Here is a link to the unit I purchased:

Corey (Corey665)
08 Jan 2016

Hi Nelson keep us updated on the unit's life/behavior or any problems.

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
08 Jan 2016

Hi Nelson

sounds good mate , I'd be keen to hear how it performs over the next few months .

keep us updated

cheers

Luke

()
11 Jan 2016

Hi Luke and Corey,

Very impressed with Kenwood brand navigation unit  which has all the bells and whistles that I was looking for including navigation, Bluetooth, reversing camera, digital radio, normal radio, dvd, connects to steering buttons on steering wheel etc. still using it with no problems, every thing working very well and happy with the result .

Here is a link to their website:
A great products of ppa car audio, also ppa car audio is really easy to deal with, very helpful and totally customer oriented.