Winch cradle without bull bar

Forum > Tech talk, questions

Rowan Johnson (pnut)
22 Jul 2014

I have been told that I can't fit a winch and cradle without fitting a bull bar/winch bar to the SR5. I guess the winch cradle is fixed to the chassis rail and the fair lead is mounted in the bull bar. Times are tuff and money is tight so I can't just go out and get the latest and greatest. I may have to look into a winch bar and not a full bull bar. Any views/opinions on this are welcome.

Chris
Chris (BDR)
23 Jul 2014

There is a cradle for the GU, so you can run a winch in the alloy bar, i am assuming it would be similar for the Hilux.

Look to the US market for ideas, they mod them a LOT more than we do

Steve
Steve (tasl)
24 Jul 2014

there is a cradle that fitsn into the towbar slot.  so you could have a detachable winch, fitting to the rear, and if you get a towbar fitting put in the front of the car, move it to the front.  Problem I see is you then have to carry the winch and fitting to connect it and the wiring would be via either anderson or clamping to the4 battery

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/I-MAX-Winch-Cradle-Mount-for-4WD-Truck-Trailers-/260900117189?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cbedbdac5

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
14 Aug 2014

Have look @ the TJM Bars they seam to have cradle setup for the winch then you might just have setup another part for the Fairlead.

Just a thought.