Checking in ?

Forum > General Discussion
Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
30 Sep 2015

Hi All

Ive noticed in the trips section that people have "checked in" appear next to there name close to impending trips . I'm in for my 1st trip on the site soon and I'm interested how this works

cheers

Luke

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
30 Sep 2015

Hi Luke,

When you join a trip, our system will send you a trip reminder email 24 hours before the trip. You can CHECK-IN so that the trip leaders (and others who are on your trip) know you are definitely coming. 

Otherwise, the trip leader may not wait for you if for some reasons you are running late. 

You can check-in 48 hours before the trip commence. 

Hope this helps. 

Kelvin

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 Oct 2015

Luke, as Kelvin said, by 'checking in' the Trip Leader is 100% sure that the participants will turn up for the trip. Have been on a few trips where some have not checked in, we hang around waiting, and they did not turn up. As well as a lack of courtesy, it does not allow anyone else to fill the vacant position. I know many of the Trip Leaders ask everyone to 'check in' a day or two prior, but not everyone does this which can lead to a little frustration.

So I would suggest everyone do the right thing by the Trip Leader, and the forum in general, and 'check in' to confirm thier attendance; just common courtesy.