Uneek Cap Locker (Diff lock), better than ARB Airlocker?

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2

()
26 Sep 2015

Thanks for the diagram mark.what I read somewhere there to be around $700 -$800 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
26 Sep 2015

The Patrol lsd is like any other unit and will wear out . Most Patrols getting around that get used offroad in loaded conditions  will have an lsd that isnt working properly,if at all, guaranteed. I was shimming mine every 6 months or so. ......

Oh yes you are right. What I mean is that if your LSD is in sound condition, it is quite unlikely it will suddenly become open diff... it could happen but very very unlikely from my understanding. I have seen many airlocker failed suddenly due to broken airline..failed pump.... etc

At those prices, I might be able to get one in the next year or 2 when released for my Nav. They are certainly very inviting.

()
26 Sep 2015

() wrote:

Thanks for the diagram mark.what I read somewhere there to be around $700 -$800 

No worries Garry,

I found that on facebook.

Not sure on the price, in the past when looking at new concepts often companies underestimate how much products will be to produce. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up dearer than that, keep in mind it's plus fitting too.

But if it's able to keep a working lsd and add locker, then it's a far superior product. Even if it ends up being 1k or a bit more it's still a fantastic buy, as long as it worksindecision and keeps working long term.

My Ranger lsd is totally rat $hit,angry, it has done 160k though.

I think most drivers with lsd probably don't realise how worn the plates are and how useless their lsd actually is.frown

()
28 Sep 2015

Here are a couple more pics Garry

()
28 Sep 2015

Cheers mark that's a nice bit of simple engineering ,well done uneek 

See blokes, what sort of bloke I am I am also  prepared to evaluate them in my Ranger along with Mark, (yarra ranger) thats what us ranger owners are like everso helpfull.....lol

Previous   1 2