Uneek Cap Locker (Diff lock), better than ARB Airlocker?

Forum > General Discussion
1 2   Next
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
21 Sep 2015

Just received an email about Uneek Cap Locker, which seems to be a better and cheaper alternative to ARB Airlocker. 

It appears that they offer 4 types of lockers. They include PR Locker, LSD Locker, FR Locker and Comp Locker. 

PR Locker (Partial replacement Locker).

This is for those 4wd with open diff and a 4 pinion centre. It reuses existing diff casing and gears. 

LSD Locker

This is great for those 4wd with LSD already but also want a 100% diff locked when needed. This will be great for 4wd such as Nissan Patrol which is well known to have the best LSD on the market. Simply swithc a button and you can locked the diff 100%. 

FR Locker (Full Replacement Locker)

This will use the CAP locker system with a new 4 pinion carrier. 

Comp Locker (Competition Locker) 

()
22 Sep 2015

It's about time someone came up with a locker that keeps the lsd,that's great news,I'll be buying one when they come out

Scott
Scott (Stonekillerz)
24 Sep 2015

I personally know the engineer for this project. Its a great product. It will change the industry in lockers. The simplicity of the thing blows me away.

Glenn
Glenn (4x4man)
24 Sep 2015

Who going to be selling this when it comes out?

Colin
Colin (Col_and_Nic)
24 Sep 2015

Register Interest for these at 4x4earth

http://4x4earth.com/store/product/uneek-differential.1/

()
24 Sep 2015

I personally know the engineer for this project. Its a great product. It will change the industry in lockers. The simplicity of the thing blows me away.

Nice, how about you talk him into doing one for Rangers.

I'll test them out for him... no charge... lets say two or three years to evaluate, no fee at all!

Geez aren't I a nice felladevil

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
24 Sep 2015

Yeah & the LSD is also good to the Toyota LSD which has a clucth pack the wears out easely once the lokka is fitted i fixes the problem.

From what im told the Zooks are going to be the first in line to get them the Sierra, Jimnny & the GV are ready the Vitara are next sometime before Xmas this year, & that is from a good source.

One of my pickups......So no more............

Scott
Scott (Stonekillerz)
24 Sep 2015

Yeah thats the beauty of them. If you have a LSD you can make it open not wearing your clutch pack and the piston negates any wear so no more shims. Out on the track keep it in LSD, still slipping FULL LOCK. I'm sure rangers will be in the mix as someone in the uneek camp drives one. Yes zooks will be the first ones out as that what the engineer drives. He is currently working on the 80 series LSD. Where will it be sold? good question? But support it as much as you can. AUSTRALIAN DESIGNED AND MADE i wouldnt even bother with anything else.

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
24 Sep 2015

Yeah thats the beauty of them. If you have a LSD you can make it open not wearing your clutch pack and the piston negates any wear so no more shims. Out on the track keep it in LSD, still slipping FULL LOCK. I'm sure rangers will be in the mix as som......

Yeah they do have a Ranger & apparently is goes quite well.

as well as a gu & a couple of Jeeps.LOL

Yes very much Support Austrlian Made/designed.......

what about isuzu dmax is one on the way ?

()
25 Sep 2015

Hi is there a diagram how it works anywhere online?i can't seem to find anything at the moment,it sounds like a brilliant product

()
25 Sep 2015
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
25 Sep 2015

I am currently running a front Airlocker. I am relectant to add the rear locker due to the cost and still want to keep the LSD as they ALWAYS work in the bush. With any rear locker on the market, it still have chance to fail. 

This Uneek LSD Locker looks very promising. I can keep my current LSD but sitll can lock it 100% when things are getting serious. I really want to find out their cost. 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
25 Sep 2015

what about isuzu dmax is one on the way ?

Greg, I think once they have ironed out all the problems with the early products, they will eventually have wide range to choose from. Currently they will develop and build based on the demand. Remember they are 100 times or more smaller than ARB. But, we should support them, keep their products designed and made locally in Australia. 

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
26 Sep 2015

I am currently running a front Airlocker. I am relectant to add the rear locker due to the cost and still want to keep the LSD as they ALWAYS work in the bush. With any rear locker on the market, it still have chance to fail. 

T......

The Patrol lsd is like any other unit and will wear out . Most Patrols getting around that get used offroad in loaded conditions  will have an lsd that isnt working properly,if at all, guaranteed. I was shimming mine every 6 months or so.  If you jack up one rear wheel and can turn it at all by hand and break the grip of the friction plates whilst in neutral, its worn.

1 2   Next