1991 land cruiser prado

Forum > General Discussion
Tom
Tom (roll_tide)
15 Sep 2015

Hey guys,

im looking at getting a 4wd for recreational use so I don't have to drag my work rig out on the weekend and risk damage to it.

I found a 1991 land cruiser prado on gumtree. 

Its an automatic 2.4 turbo diesel. I would prefer manual but it's within my price range and seems like a tough car. it's an import (similar to what the Hilux surf's are I think).

just wanting to know if anyone has any advice or opinions on whether it would be a good choice or should I steer away from it? How do they stack up mechanically etc? Would an auto be a slug up a hill or would it be ok?

cheers guys,

tom

How much do you want to spend? I know of a 2000 Prado with RWC and Reg for 10K in Kilmore.

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
15 Sep 2015

G'day Tom

i'd love to have a toy for the week ends , I also use my rig for work . Sorry I can't help you with the prado (maybe try prado point for some advice) hope it all goes well.

cheers

luke

Tom
Tom (roll_tide)
15 Sep 2015

I was looking at around the 6k mark for what i wanted to spend.

The dude sold it so im out of luck!

thanks though

()
15 Sep 2015

Hi you could pick up a good Nissan gq60 petrol or a 80 series petrol for around that mark,on lpg 4.2 gq60 or 4.5 80 series,the patrol also did a 3 L petrol rb30 great in the bush but underpowered on the road ,two of the best 4wds around 

Tom
Tom (roll_tide)
18 Sep 2015

() wrote:

Hi you could pick up a good Nissan gq60 petrol or a 80 series petrol for around that mark,on lpg 4.2 gq60 or 4.5 80 series,the patrol also did a 3 L petrol rb30 great in the bush but underpowered on the road ,two of the best 4wds around 

Cheers for your advice Garry.

had a look at all those and there are a few of them about. I'll definitely look into those a bit more.

cheers