headlight globe upgrade

Forum > Tech talk, questions

Mark (cruiser105)
10 Sep 2015

Hi , I have a 100 series landcruiser and I want to upgrade the headlight globes asthe factorylights are crap. I'm told I can get upgraded globes from 30% to 130% extra light. Has anyone tried these globes as I was looking at the 130% for maximum light. any feedback is welcome thanks.

Cheers

Mark

()
10 Sep 2015

Up grading to brighter lights is great for you,but not to oncoming cars,there's lots of cars out there that there headlights are too bright,I live in the country and constantly get blinded by too bright  headlights ,it's dangerous 

Mark (cruiser105)
10 Sep 2015

() wrote:

Up grading to brighter lights is great for you,but not to oncoming cars,there's lots of cars out there that there headlights are too bright,I live in the country and constantly get blinded by too bright  headlights ,it's dangerous 

yes I thought about that and think that the 130% would be far too bright. maybe the 30% wouldnt affect oncoming drivers too much. I also hate it when new cars are coming at me as their lights seem to be really bright. thanks for your opinion Garry

cheers

()
10 Sep 2015

No worries,yeah they do seem to be to bright the newer cars,unless my eyes are getting more sensitive with age lol

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
11 Sep 2015

If your headlight aim is adjusted correctly it's not to much of an issue, however most of the vehicles with upgraded lights arent. It's the ones who fit hid globes into a lense that does'nt have the correct reflector that is the real problem. Fitting even the plus 50 globes can make a massive difference to a vehicle like my old gq, but it's also a good idea to upgrade the wiring to them as well.

Mark (cruiser105)
11 Sep 2015

If your headlight aim is adjusted correctly it's not to much of an issue, however most of the vehicles with upgraded lights arent. It's the ones who fit hid globes into a lense that does'nt have the correct reflector that is the rea......

thanks Alex. that makes sense as well. do you know whats legal be it +30, +50, or higher

()
11 Sep 2015

Hid are illegal in Aus,unless your car came factory fitted with them,they must have self levelling,big fine and and a canary on window(unroadworthy sticker),the headlights with a blue glow are illegal too,only emergency vehicles can have blue lights

I got a pair of Narva globes which supposedly give 120% brighter light. I adjusted my lights lower to suit. They are no brighter than the original lights in my opinion.

(mauriceb)
11 Sep 2015

Mark . i have have  6000k 35w Hids low beam and 50w high beam for over 5 years in my 105 series and having them adjusted proberly. have never caused blindness to oncoming traffic. I understand ist illegal . I wouldnt advise them for high beam the 3-4 sec delay in brightness can be annoying . I would like to try out the new generation Cree Led bulbs but these also a not ADR approved ,Buying the 120 +OR 130+ doesnt mean they are 120% brigher as i found only a sliight improvment over standard . You can increase the current to your standard headlights with this plug in kit . and change to one of those whiter +  bulbs    http://piranhaoffroad.com.au/library/publication/document/toyota-landcruiser-100-series.pdf bulbs  

Mark (cruiser105)
12 Sep 2015

I got a pair of Narva globes which supposedly give 120% brighter light. I adjusted my lights lower to suit. They are no brighter than the original lights in my opinion.

thanks for the informationDonald

cheers

Mark (cruiser105)
12 Sep 2015

Mark . i have have  6000k 35w Hids low beam and 50w high beam for over 5 years in my 105 series and having them adjusted proberly. have never caused blindness to oncoming traffic. I understand ist illegal . I wouldnt advise them for high b......

thanks Maurice the 130+ globes that I purchased are supposed to be a white light so I will give them a go as I do prefer the white light that my light bar gives off.

cheers