Maintaining throttle control

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2
Ricky
Ricky (R1XSTA)
10 Sep 2015

I have noticed that my Patrol doesn't have a 'knob' (for lack of better word) that allows me to adjust the revs, I only have a 'heat' switch with ups my RPMs' to around 1200.

Is there something else that I should be looking for in that regard?

I do wear boots when I go out, find it difficult when the bottom is covered in crap in maintaining good condition with the pedal, although will try and force myself to remember placing my foot against the side of the car as a means of support

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
10 Sep 2015

I had a hand throttle in my old hilux and never liked it. I would rather use my foot and concentrate on keeping it steady and the amount of throttle I need

dennis

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
14 Sep 2015

I am with Garry & Alex; rest your knee up against the door. Initially you may find this uncomfortable, but doesnt take long to get used to this. Even though I have a hand throttle in my vehicle, have never used it & doubt that I ever will as once you master this technique it works a treat.

As others have said, ensure your driving position allows you to keep your heel firmly on the floor as this is also an important part of the procedure.

Colin
Colin (Col_and_Nic)
14 Sep 2015

I actually took note a few days ago and I do exactly as Allan and the others have mentioned didnt even know it.

Previous   1 2