David
David (Paul Patrol)
07 Sep 2015

Hi all,

My eldest son wants to get into photogrophy and would like to spend some time in the bush getting all types of photos on offer to start building a portfolio.

I'm planing on starting in Walhalla exploring the town, then head to O'Tooles Camp Ground for the first night.

The final destination will be Dargo area.

I plan on taking 3 or 4 days off during school holidays and also utalising the weekend. It will be rolling camps.

I know most of the good tracks are closed this time of year so I hope to sit down with an expert of the area to plan some decent driving and sights.

I imagine that although most tracks will be closed, that some of the tracks that are open may still be quite a challenge.

I'll open this up for a maximum of 8 vehicles consisting of experianced drivers with capable trucks only. Remember this will include rolling camps so bring appropriate camping gear (quick & easy to set up & to pack up).

I havent set a date yet & I still need to plan a route which I hope to have up in Trips by the end of the week? But it WILL be during school holidays coming up for those interested.

Please post your interest here first so I can get your feedback as to weather or not I should post this trip.

Regards,

Paul Patrol

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
07 Sep 2015

Hey mate just got back today from a nearly identical trip but in reverse. Awsome time of year because a lot of wild flowers coming up

and really nice weather. Am to show you routes and and camping spots and track conditions as I am up that way a fair bit

I know the area well been going there since I was a little takka i would be keen on this trip

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
07 Sep 2015

Have done similar a couple of times Dave and it is a great trip that I am sure you will have many interested in taking part. I would love to join you, but cant get time off work these school hollies..sad,

If I can make suggestion; do it the other way around by starting at Dargo and make your way back to Walhalla. I have done it both ways & Dargo to Walhalla was more enjoyable as at the end of the trip when everyone is buggered, the drive home from Walhalla rather than Dargo is easier to deal with.

Even with numerous track closures, there are still plenty available to make it a very worthwhile trip.

Hope you get lots of interest.....yes

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
07 Sep 2015

Hi Paul,

Depending on the dates you look at and how extreme the tracks are I would definitely be interested. I have a trip northbound from Walhalla in a month to explore the area. I won't be an expert but I may be able to join and offer guidance. Also I have extensive photography experience with a DSLR so I would be happy to guide your son with the skills and techniques I have learnt across the years.

Peter
Peter (GQ351C)
07 Sep 2015

I haven't been to walhalla for a while now David and will be coming along if dates are suitable.

David
David (Paul Patrol)
18 Sep 2015

Hi all. I have almost finalised this trip but need to modify as I was planing on visitin Wonnangatta Staion but have been reliably informed that it is closed until Cup weekend.

This will be a slow pace, photo opp trip and explore. There will be lots and lots of random stopping which may piss some people off which is why I'm leaning towards not posting up now as an official trip.

I possibly have one or two really close mates coming on this trip already but they relying on parts arriving & getting time off from the boss.

If you'd really, really like to come along please PM me but this will be limited to only one or possibly two spots only so please be quick and don't be dissapointed if knocked back as I sincerely want no more than 3 trucks on this trip (because of the above mentioned frequantly stopping bit).

I will however be doing a recon of the area and will lead a trip to the area after Cup weekend with the aim in doing the iconic tracks when they open up.

If you would like to come along you must have a well set up rig with good A/T's as a minimum, winch, own recovery equipment, snorkel (lots of river crossings on this trip), rated recovery points, all your own food, drink and camping gear (for quick set up & pack up).

Although all of the iconic tracks to the area will be closed, lots of the tracks still open can be very difficult, particually after rain.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

Would love to join a Photography trip next time!!

And if a experienced photographer joins even better...would like some tips and hints!

Mien