08 Hilux injector quriey

Forum > General Discussion

Steven (Trink)
17 Jul 2014

Hi there every 1, I am just wondering if any 1 with a hilux 05 on wards and 130 hundred on the clock has injector problems. As i hear knocking but not under load just cruising. wondering if any one else has got the same problem or if its normal. I dont want to spend $3000 to find the noies still there. Thanks    Steve (Trink)

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
29 Mar 2015

Hi Steve,

Mine has 130k on the clock and I had a noisy/knocky engine but only with my chip on. I did end up putting Bailey Diesel Group reco'd/improved injectors in. It made little difference but I do have that piece of mind now. Bailey's have a question/diagnostic sheet you can download and give to your mechanic to fill out - the mechanic fills out all the questions using the odb port and sends it to Bailey's. Bailey's then let you know if there is a problem or not. It only takes a few minutes and your mechanic will do it for free if they think they'll get an injector swap job out of it. I did the diagnostic after the new injectors were fitted as it was still noisy but there wasn't a problem with them, which would suggest they're just a noisy engine, as many people state. It's much quieter (and slower) without the chip.