08 Hilux injector

Forum > General Discussion

Steven (Trink)
17 Jul 2014

Hi there every 1, I am just wondering if any 1 with a hilux 05 on wards and 130 hundred on the clock has injector problems. As i hear knocking but not under load just cruising. wondering if any one else has got the same problem or if its normal. I dont want to spend $3000 to find the noies still there. Thanks    Steve (Trink)

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
07 Sep 2014

Hey Steve,

I just got to 130k on my 08 hilux and replaced the injectors with Bailey's Diesel Group injectors. It's quieter, revs higher, idled smoother, no smoke any more and engine brakes better.  The injectors are $1350. And you can get higher flow injectors too.

Steven (Trink)
09 Sep 2014

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply, Did you fit them yours self or did you get a mechanic to fit them. I found a guy at moorabbin that fit the baisly injectors and he is asking $2700 and thats with cleaning the manafold and epu or something like that. Oh btw have you ever run 33" tyres on you lux ?

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
09 Sep 2014

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply, Did you fit them yours self or did you get a mechanic to fit them. I found a guy at moorabbin that fit the baisly injectors and he is asking $2700 and thats with cleaning the manafold and epu or somethi......

The mechanic fit the injectors for me; it's quite complicated. I also replaced the fuel lines for $300. I think I paid around $2700 including cleaning of the intake system, but my guy is expensive. So I think it is a fairish price but not great given how much labour is involved. You will notice the difference with the intake cleaned out. If you jump on Newhilux they have a really good guide on cleaning the intake system yourself - it isn't that hard and may save you $400ish. There are also some good pics of dirty intake systems; it's amazing how filthy and restrictive they can get. http://www.newhilux.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8630&hilit=how+to+clean+the+d4d+intake+egr+system

I have 265 75 r16 tyres and they fit really well with no scrubbing. I'll be going to 285 75 r16 (32.8 inch) next as I'm pretty sure they fit also. Any bigger will definitely scrub without lots of modifications.