self introduction

Forum > General Discussion
Fikre
Fikre (Arsenal)
03 Sep 2015

Hello to you Ladies and gentlemen, 

My name is Fikre from Dandenong. I'm new 4x4 owner. 'What made you to own a fourby' you may ask... Well, not knowing where it was going to lead me to, my fiancé bought me my first 4wd action mag and DVDs while I was in hospital for shoulder surgery. I end up having two more surgeries after that and the hope of buying my 4x4, customising it and going on a long road trip help me through my recovery process. 

Four weeks ago I bought my 2011 Toyota Landcruise, 76 series workmate which I named her Snoop (don't ask why haha). Straight away she went in ARB workshop and came out with 2" OME suspension, long range tank, twin motor air compressor, 78l fridge, diff breather. Next up, took her to Grunt 4x4 and fitted a modular drawer system with fridge box and slide, false floor (I took out the rear seats) and cargo barrier. Then to Opposite lock to fit in the E-lockers (front and rear), fox wing awning, roof console with integrated uhf radio, floor console and some other bits. Right now, she is at Pxwholesales to fit twin spare wheel carrier, light bar, spotlights, runva winch, re wiring for all switches and power outlets. 

Finance minister of my house, aka the fiance(aka THE BOSS) is cursing the day she bought those "stupid mags" as she didn't know to what kind of expensive hobby it led me to. Therefore, she has confiscated my bank card so that I won't spend anymore money on any mod. I'm done anyways hahah. 

Very shortly, we(me, the boss, Shona the ridge back and Olly the Pomerania) will set out to do half Australia road trip for about 8-10 weeks. The down side of traveling with two dogs... Well, we will miss out on the best views and sites Australia has to offer. But then... We rather enjoy the dog friendly places as much as we could instead of leaving our beloved dogs behind. Up on our return, I am looking forward to meeting as many fellow members as possible and hitting the tracks whenever I could. 

finally, I would like to mention how much I like this group as it is clean and straight forward. 

Cheers

Fikre

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
03 Sep 2015

Well, welcome Fikre.  Glad to have you join in. That is an impresive build in a very short time and will no doubt serve you well.  Would recommend getting in for a few beginner trips to try and learn as much as you can before the big trip.  Either way, the big trip will be a learning experience and should see you and the Boss have an adventure you will rememeber for the rest of your life. I hope we catch up on a trip sometime and I can see the 76 series in the flesh.  All the best.  Kind regards- Tony.

Fikre
Fikre (Arsenal)
03 Sep 2015

Well, welcome Fikre.  Glad to have you join in. That is an impresive build in a very short time and will no doubt serve you well.  Would recommend getting in for a few beginner trips to try and learn as much as you can before the big ......

Cheers Tony. You are right. I need those short but essential trips. I'll see what I can do by keeping an eye on this forum for up coming trips. It would be worth it, I bet. Thanks mate once again and look forward seeing your shortly.

kind regards

fikre