Beginners trip to Toolangi.

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 Sep 2015

After Mark's (Park_Rangers) successful trip to Walhalla, we have discussed running a similar trip up in the Toolangi State Forest. In our initial discussion we have considered running the trip possibly on the last Saturday in September or the 2nd Saturday in October. We will discuss this in more depth when l return from Bali. Whilst there are numerous track closures, there are many open in Toolangi that are more than suitable for new or inexperienced 4wders

As mentioned earlier, more details to come but we are hoping that the majority of people who are interested in this trip would have limited experience,(less than 3 years?) and are ok with their vehicles getting a little muddy.

Guess 1st thing to find out is if there is any interest before Mark and l take this any further.

cheers

()
01 Sep 2015

Hi Allan, Andrew and Greg from the Walhalla trip have said they were keen, so with you and I that will be 4, I'm sure more will join as its nice and close. Talk more when you get back, thanks for taking the time to do another beginner run cheers Mark

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
01 Sep 2015

If you want to move it back another week I am happy tp come along and help out if needed, we are back the first weekend of October

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
01 Sep 2015

I'm keen depending on date .

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 Sep 2015

If you want to move it back another week I am happy tp come along and help out if needed, we are back the first weekend of October

Matt, would be great to have another experienced 4wder to assist. If Mark decides to go with 2nd Saturday in Oct date is the 10th, week after the AFL grand final and long weekend.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
01 Sep 2015

() wrote:
Hi Allan, Andrew and Greg from the Walhalla trip have said they were keen, so with you and I that will be 4, I'm sure more will join as its nice and close. Talk more when you get back, thanks for taking the time to do another beginner run cheers Mark

I was sure Andrew and Greg would be interested Mark and as you said, we have 4 starters already with Discomatt willing to lend a helping hand if date is suitable.

Am happy to help you out anyway I can and is great to see how keen you are to arrange trips.

()
01 Sep 2015

Thanks Allan, you are a great asset to this site! It's not common to see someone so keen to help new drivers.yes

And thanks discomatt for offering to help too.yes

I said to Andrew and Greg we were thinking about  Sat10th Oct, if some were interested we could possibly camp and do the same tracks the next day, maybe in the reverse direction.

I know you and others will want to watch Bathurst on the Sunday, so there may not be many takers for that option.

Also I have no idea what the camp areas are like there. I normally like a bush spot next to a stream, which I don't think that area hasfrown??

Cheers Mark

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
07 Sep 2015

Well back in Melb, (bloody cold weather...sad), so think we should get this trip 'up and running' Mark.

In regard to camping spots, not many close to water in Toolangi; (there is one I know of but on a seasonally closed track), with another at Murrindindi Reserve that has toilets etc, but  cost $$$ to stay there.

Mark, will be in contact in the next day or so.

()
07 Sep 2015

Hey Allan, about time you got back mate. You can't go drinking pina coladas on the beach all day then chatting up busty women all night.

I think another location would be better for an overnight trip, so we'll keep this to a day trip.

I'll post it later tonight.

Cheers Mark

()
07 Sep 2015

The Sat 10 trip booked out quickly.
I know Allan will be glued to the tv watching Bathurst on Sunday 11th, but considering Dale with 3yr and Chris with7yr and Mat with 10yr experience have shown an interest there is no reason why there can't be another trip of the same tracks on Sunday. Another beginner trip will need 2 experienced guys helping for it to go ahead.
Any interest in that?

()
08 Sep 2015

() wrote:

The Sat 10 trip booked out quickly.
I know Allan will be glued to the tv watching Bathurst on Sunday 11th, but considering Dale with 3yr and Chris with7yr and Mat with 10yr experience have shown an interest there is no reason why there ......

OK there has been no interest in a Sunday drive of the same tracks, so I have accepted a BBQ invite for the day.

If anyone does want to run a trip of the same tracks get in touch and I'll let you know what we did.

Cheers Mark