1 2   Next
Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
31 Aug 2015

Want to go to the little island just after New Years for around a week. Would like to do some of the harder tracks and keep it in low range for as long as possible. Just seeing what interest is out there befor I start researching and planning. Dates would probably be from the 2nd to 10thish and would have a max of 6 cars, minimum 4. Please let me know if you are interested asap as I will post it as a trip and start working on a route and prices. Also for people who have been befor, what if better driving, East of west coast?

Vince (Vince)
31 Aug 2015

Hi sounds good yes I'm interested 

Wayne (FRCA)
31 Aug 2015

Sorry bud I already have a trip planed for Xmas and new year 

Starky (Starky)
31 Aug 2015

i'm in.

is anyone bringing a camper trailer?

Anyone bringing kids?

how many hours per day driving do you intend on doing?

Luke
Luke (Hiluxlou)
31 Aug 2015

G'day  Antony

thanks for your offer to get over to Tassie , it would be an awesome trip but unfortunately I run a small electrical business on the southern mornington peninsula and the dates are smack bang in the middle of my busiest time of the year (tourist season) . I'm always keen to get out on a week end so if your planning a week end trip I'd be stoked to get on board . Hope the trip goes well mate with plenty of action and laughs.

regards

luke

Vince (Vince)
31 Aug 2015

i'm in.

is anyone bringing a camper trailer?

Anyone bringing kids?

how many hours per day driving do you intend on doing?

I've got a 13 yo that wants to go

Aidan
Aidan (AJ_FRP_Middy)
31 Aug 2015

Im interested would just like to know where we would meet to start the trip

Graeme (TasTriton)
31 Aug 2015

I live in Tassie, definitely West Coast for tough tracks, 

East Coast  more camping touring.

Have you checked out www.roving.com.au , heaps of info in the book.

Hi would love to come but unfortunately work committments dont allow the freedom at that time of year.

Have done quite a bit of driving as we come fom Tassie and travel there regularly. You will have a great time there

especially if you do Climy's Track and Balfour Track.  Have a look also at Montezuma Falls. Enjoy your time there.

Look forward to hearing all about it. Thanks for the offer.

Mark
Mark (bunny62)
31 Aug 2015

Sounds great but unfortunately I'm back at work around that time so have to miss out this time thanx anyway

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
31 Aug 2015

kids are always welcome and as for a camper trailer I am unsure at this stage, as I said I would like to do the harder tracks tassie has to offer but will need to do some research first to see how hard they really are. Will probably be driving from 9/10-3/4 everyday (this also depends on track conditions and campsite availability) with lunch and breaks in between. If all goes ahead would recommend we all meet in Melbourne and take the boat across together unless people want to go early and meet up in tassie. Having a quick glance at some info seems like permits will need to be purchased but I will look into all this properly soon. And the rovers book looks great, will be purchasing it!

Starky (Starky)
31 Aug 2015

I will probably go over early.

Wife says she wants the trailer.

we are running swampers dual lockers and a modified highmount so we should be ok also trailer has rear recovery points if shit gets real hectic.

i'm keen to see how much punishment my trailer and car can take

Danny
Danny (Bogg3d)
31 Aug 2015

Yes please count me in :}

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
31 Aug 2015

Antony, I posted some info on the trip thread for the Tassie trip that Jason has cancelled, along with some pics. As mentioned earlier, West Coast is where the majority of the harder tracks are along with some excellent beach driving that can be difficult in places. The likes of Balfour should be fine when you go but if anyone wants to take a camper trailer tracks like Climies will be a definite :no no: as will certain sections of the beach. In saying that it is possible for those taking trailers to meet at a designated point by them taking alternative routes. Have been to Tassie a couple of times and the east coast is well worth visiting as well but you would need more than 6-7 days.      

PS, how is the weather in Melbourne?, last few days have been 30+ here in Bali 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
01 Sep 2015

Weather is cold and crappy, hope your enjoying Bali, 4 days and we are out of heresmiley

1 2   Next