Hi all,

I was just wondering what Narbethong was like this time of year. Closures and track ratings.

I had a look on the track closures site but I'm not too familiar with the area.

thanks

We have never been there but would be interested 

Most tracks are open, they range from easy to hard, big bogholes to slippery clay hills.

if raining a good set of mud tyres will be needed, good fun place to go đź‘Ť

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
25 Aug 2015

When are you thinking of heading up there? I might be interested in tagging along if your after takers. I have been up there before but its been years & years though

David
David (Davevk)
25 Aug 2015

Hi,

there will be tracks closed you will need to check, if it's been raining or is raining you will need muddies at least and you should make sure everyone has a winch. I would rate most of the tracks medium to hard even though there are easy tracks most will lead you to harder tracks especially if it's raining. Check previous trips for suggested tracks to run. Good luck and have fun.

David

Jim
Jim (JimMc)
26 Aug 2015

It been at least 20 years since I been in the Narbethong area and I think a lot would have change, so now a days I could not say what the tracks are like. 

It been at least 20 years since I been in the Narbethong area and I think a lot would have change, so now a days I could not say what the tracks are like. 

I first went there when I got my new 85 model hilux, has changed a hell of a lot since then Jim.

Thanks for all the feed back should be good day out exploring something new. Looking at going late September at this stage nothing set in stone

We where up there a few weeks ago on the Acheron River for a bucks for three days. Very wet at the moment. Plenty of open tracks, in fact we didn't come along any closed. We all had lifted, MTR, winched vehicles. Got stuck a few times was good fun 

What tracks do you recommend to try? What's the ideal start location