Toyota - Not Honouring Warranty

Forum > General Discussion
Chris
Chris (Chris200)
25 Aug 2015

Please help.

I bought a brand new landcruiser 200 series just 2 months ago.

I have had a 2" tough dog suppension lift fitted only 2 weekks ago.

then just after seven days the front right cv joint boot has had a slight split.

I went back to toyota for a warranty claim and was told that my warranty is now void.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have had any similay issues with Toyota.

I know that the lift is not to blame as the other 3 boots are fine even after more time elasping.

Chris

()
25 Aug 2015

That's bad customer service,I would contact the automotive industry ombudsmen or consumer affairs,they will help and tell you your rights ,not some Toyota salesman,they usually do the chasing up your complaint for you,hope that helps

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
30 Aug 2015

Sorry to hear that.  I was speaking to another forum member yesterday who was happy with the Toyota product but not happy with the after service.  Please keep us informed of any progress on this.   Cheers.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
30 Aug 2015

From what I have heard this is normal for Toyo after sales service, chase it up through the service manager first if no joy the  dealer principle will hopefully get things done. When I had MAJOR issues with Holden a few years ago with one of thier POS I had to scream blue murder in the dealership in front of other customers before they actually took me seriously.

Shane
Shane (shanegtr)
01 Sep 2015

Be a hard one to fight I would think. You've essentially changed the original CV angles that if come out of the factory with. So the boots are doing something that Toyota didnt intend them to be doing. Yes they should last longer and most would do, but I think it would be fairly easy for Toyota to say the lift and change to the original shaft angles is the cause of the boot split.

Chris (cap8959)
01 Sep 2015

I suggest contacting Toyota customer care direct. Or try another dealer. If they still refuse to come to the party and can prove the lift is the cause then the place that fitted the lift is responsible for the damage caused. I know the boots are a common replacement on the 200s and Hilux. One dealership I know use after market boots due to the originals being to hard.

Chris
Chris (Chris200)
02 Sep 2015

Hi guys.

Thanks for all the feed back and support.

Just want to update everyone with what is happening re the warranty.

1. The dealer is putting the the blame on the the Toyota Company itself saying it is thier decision as they would be paying the bill.

2. I am waiting to recieve a formal letter from the delership today rejecting my claim for warranty repairs.

3. Once I receive this letter I will take further action.

4. The dealeship has offered to suply the part at no charge if I am willing to pay for the labour costs which they will also confirm today.

Cheers.

Chris