Fitted my winch and bull bar this weekend.

Forum > General Discussion
Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
23 Aug 2015

Martin Martin (BT50driver)
I just put a brand new winch bar on with a brand new winch, did it on my own and it was a pita of a job to do.
The winch bars were stored on top of each other and the brackets that go on the car first had bend brackets so had to bend them back by hand.
First had to take the old bullbar off ond the wanted to put the bracket on and one of the legs was also bend sideway's :(
Out came the prybar and with a almighty kick i homed the bracked in one go (holes lined up perfectly :)
Then on went the winch and stupid me forgot to put the cable on the winch, so had to do that after i put the bar on the bracket.
Once finished, i noticed a 2Cm drop of the front so checked the shockers and had to replace them this weekend (replacing them all four) also had to wind the torsion bars up to get the front to the right hight.
So moral of the story is that i saved a couple of hundred dollars but have bruises and cuts everywhere, but will do it again just because of the satisfaction of a job well done :)

Some photo's below.

The winch would have been a lot heavier with the cable on first. It looks great.

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
23 Aug 2015

The winch would have been a lot heavier with the cable on first. It looks great.

Thanks Donald,

I should have put the wire thru the fair lead and connect it to the winch before i put the bullbar on, it is very hard to get the screw thru the eyelet on the cable afterwards and screw it in.

Martin.

I found that screw a problem too when I fitted my winch, good thing I have small hands lol.