Toobarac State Forest / Nature Reserve

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations

Hey guys, anyone familar or know of much around these areas.

Myself, im new to the area and would be keen to check some local stuff out, besides Tallarook, Dissapointment, etc

Cheers

Mackie

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
20 Aug 2015

Mate I'm sure if you post a trip you will have plenty of interest. If I'm free then I'd be interested. Don't know the area but only one way to discover - explore. Buy a Rooftop Map of the area and hit the tracks.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
20 Aug 2015

Also just keep in mind a lot of the land nearby is army barracks. And most of the Heathcote to Rushworth area is very flat.

I changed a trip from there just last week to Walhalla.

There is some nice tracks in Cobaw State Park, just west of Lancefield. They range from easy to very difficult.

Also just keep in mind a lot of the land nearby is army barracks. And most of the Heathcote to Rushworth area is very flat.

I changed a trip from there just last week to Walhalla.

Thanks for the response, in regards to the Army land, yep Im one of them, lol

So thats why looking to explore locally, Cobaw looks like a nice area for a look, Toobarac Nature Reserve has very limited marked maps on my topo, but was curious if local knowledge would prevail.

Cheers

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
21 Aug 2015

I tend to use the Here.com mapping app to do my research before thinking of a trip. It's got good satellite resolution and most tracks have names. It's a good tool. No topo info but still good to have a look at the area. Free download and the mapping is offline - sat images arent but still a good reference.