Your Favourite Track.

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Previous   1 2
Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
02 Aug 2015

So many tracks, so little time!

Telegraph track was great but so was driving into Wonnangatta via crooked river.

an easy drive like twins jeep track then spending the night camped on the Buckland river with a few beers is ......

I am running a trip through there first weekend of September, if you can get time of work will be a good trip

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
02 Aug 2015

I am running a trip through there first weekend of September, if you can get time of work will be a good trip

Sounds good. Let me know what days/dates

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
02 Aug 2015

Sounds good. Let me know what days/dates

It's in the trips section, dargo to Thompson dam

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
03 Aug 2015

Totally agree with Garry about Burgoynes Gap Track. Is a great drive with some steep descents & ascents plus the crossing of the Macalister River. As Antony said, the river can become impassable after heavy rain.

Good to hear what tracks some of you enjoy.

Steve
Steve (tasl)
13 Aug 2015

Yeah so many tracks,  Dargo,

Blue Rag, although the trip to the heli pad is easy, the veiws, made me wish I wasn't driving.  The trip down and back from the campsite at the creek was harder, most people don't do it but they are doing blue rag for the veiws.

Billy goats needs to be done on a non long weeked.  Otherwise it can be busier than the monash in peak hour.  The pinnicles steep descent.

Wahalla : 

Deep creek, 1,2,3,4,5 You have to love not sitting on the seat but hanging from your seat belt.

Fultons

Trig Track

Flats Track

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
14 Aug 2015

All good tracks there Steve & you are correct about Billy Goats; dont go there on a long weekend....crying. Same can be said for Blue Rag as it is one of those 'must do', but most of the drive is as 'boring as bat s&*t', & on a long weekend just makes it less enjoyable as it can be just like the end of the Eastern Freeway.....angry

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
23 Oct 2015

Ok Unfortunately for me this is a track that i have never done but am mesmerised by the level of difficulty and rediculous terrain you need to cover from start to finish... The place is 6 Stagers @ Yalwal. I recently mentioned this place around the campfire on our walhalla trip but I do not believe any of the members knew it. I have practically seen every 4x4 video on youtube of this place as I was only first made aware of it because i have mates in NSW that have done it a fair few times. 6 stagers would have to be my most favourite track but never had the rig or opportunity to even see it in the flesh... One day i hope to get there and at least play Nav or spotter but dont think i would even risk taking my rig up there... Definite Panel Damage Most Probably Driveline Damage. I know we've mentioned above tracks that are beautiful, scenic etc, but for some reason this is the one that gives me goosebumbs and makes me one day want to check it in the flesh... The video I have attached below is of 2 Jeeps doing it, 2 Great drivers, 2 Great Rigs and 1 Awesome Navi/Spotter Oh and I will say that one of them is a Lady

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
24 Oct 2015

Hi George.  Just watched the full length.  That is awesome. Its like Ellis track on steroids + more.  Even with a rig built for that sort of terrain, i would still be very nervous doing it. Excellent video editing too. Thanks for sharing this with us George.  Regards Tony.yes

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
24 Oct 2015

This is insane! ..... make our Ellis Track like Kindergarten 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
24 Oct 2015

WOW thats all I have to say....

Previous   1 2