Pyrenees Ranges (VIC) in Aug

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
04 Jul 2014

I've just found out about this place from a recent trip by 4WD TV crew featuring their Holden Colorado 7. It looks like a fantastic 4wd place to be explored. 

I am thinking if we have a few interests, I may run a trip in early Aug. Depending on the condition, it can be an overnighter or just a day trip. 

This trip is now posted. Please express your interest or join the trip below

Explore beautiful Pyrenees Ranges (VIC) - Overnighter or Day Trip (2-3 Aug)

Graeme
Graeme (Patrol01)
04 Jul 2014

Hi Kelvin,

Yeh I have done a lot tracks in that area with the 4WD club I am in in Melton. I would suggest that as it is a 2.5 hour drive from Melbourne north suburbs you may want to make it an overnighter. I can give you locations for a couple of good camp sites, one with toilets and big shelter etc.

I am not sure of my calendar for August but might be very keen depending on the dates. There are some easy to medium tracks there and also some real hard tracks which can catch you out if you are not ready for them.

Very dusty and dry in the summer maonths, and muddy in the winter months.

What more could you want??????? LOL.

Patrol01.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
04 Jul 2014

Hi Kelvin,

Yeh I have done a lot tracks in that area with the 4WD club I am in in Melton. I would suggest that as it is a 2.5 hour drive from Melbourne north suburbs you may want to make it an overnighter. I can giv......

Thanks mate, I am definitely keen on a overnighter. It should give us plenty of time to explore the area.

Prehaps we can try easy tracks on Sat and if you wish to test your 4wd and skills, camp overnight and we will try something harder on Sunday. 

Anyone who can't do a overnighter, you are welcome to join us either on Sat or Sun. 

We will work out the dates as we get more interest. 

Mick
Mick (Surfs Up)
04 Jul 2014

I'd be keen for a overnighter n some good wheeling 

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
04 Jul 2014

I would be keen for an over nighter, never been down that way  , a nice fire , some cooking , some drinking and good wheeling.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
04 Jul 2014

Great, looks like we have at least 5 cars interested.....let's make it an overnighter but still people can join us for a day trip. 

I am flexible on the date at this stage. 

What about the weekend on 9th-10th Aug........or the week after on 16th-17th? 

Andrew
Andrew (Kimmdogg)
04 Jul 2014

Ive stayed there once for two nights at an awesome camp ground just outside Avoca.  Highly recommend it.

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
04 Jul 2014

Im Interested will have to see what panns out over the next couple of weeks..

Eddie
Eddie (puppasmurf1au)
05 Jul 2014

im keen , what area is it . what town near

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 Jul 2014

I would be interested, have never been out there so would be good to check it out on a overnighter

Mark (Mark66)
05 Jul 2014

Hi All,

I'd be interested in having a look around the area and an overnighter always works with the same caveat as many others - subject to dates.

My usual car is in parts all over my garage floor but I have a SWB mav with a locker, winch and crappy AT's that I'm driving in the interim ..... amazingly it keeps getting to places it has no right to get to - outclimbed a well set up 200 on claws last weekend up near Jamo so hard tracks would be welcome.

Regards

Mark

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
05 Jul 2014

Alright, we have a great interest so far. I have posted the trip. Please express your interest to the trip below

Explore beautiful Pyrenees Ranges (VIC)

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
05 Jul 2014

Hi All,

I'd be interested in having a look around the area and an overnighter always works with the same caveat as many others - subject to dates.

My usual car is in parts all over my garage floor but I have a SWB mav ......

Hi Mark 

I have a Shorty Zook that amazes lots of people, So as far as im conserned if it get there it has every right to be there & besides Shorty's will go places that a LWB hesatats to go.

Go the Shortys..........yes

Mark (Mark66)
06 Jul 2014

Good to hear from you,

I've admired your 'Vitari' pic a few times, my wife had a 1.6 carbie rag top manual when we met.

I've had LJ's (both a 50 & an 80) and a sierra - in stock form they are absolute go anywhere machines nd with a little tweak they are even better.

Go the Shorties indeed!

Mark