Maps for IPad or hema n7 unit

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2
David
David (Davevk)
14 Jul 2015

Thanks everyone, definitely a lot to think about. 

I bought a satellite receiver and downloaded mud maps onto my iPad, works well, I also installed Tom Tom which works well with the receiver if I want navigation.

During a recent trip through Cobaw State Park, Hema and Garmin did not show a track we were travelling along, all other tracks, my Garmin kept up with the Hema. And my Garmin was possibly 1/4 of the price of the Hema.

Townsend (bluepatrol)
21 Aug 2015

I have both hema and mudmaps app on iphone/ipad and have noticed too many camping sites missing on the hema app and would pick mud maps any day.  Looking for a new gps unit, any suggestions?  I have previously had the first gen hema gps unit, that i can say was a POS.  Its now one expensive paper weight.   I like the sound of oziexplorer, I just dont have a windows machine to edit way points....

I have mud maps on my iPad and iPhone, I bought sky pro satellite receiver,  works well with mud maps and the Tom Tom for navigation without using any data plan. I bought the full version of mudmaps, which came with just about every map in Australia.

+1 for the RAM mounts, regardles of the terrain they hang on tight. I use an Android Tablet, 10", with a poly cover so it holds well in the RAM tablet mount. Have used an early generation iPad however (and this may have changed) was not po......

Just a hint for anyone who didn't know.  If you push the home button on the ipad 3 times  in quick succession, it goes to night mode.   All the light colours igo dark, e the background on this page is now black and the text white.    Makes life much raiser at night.   3 pushes, back to normal again. 

I Have  the latest Hema HN7 takes abit to get used to as it gives you the choice of on road maps and off road it 2 gps in one you can only  be in on road or off road at once they both work well.

()
23 Aug 2015

I use a android tablet thingie,and got the hema explore app it was about $44 ,has detailed maps and can record your trip gives a full info of your trip km,time ,height ect,I think it's great

Previous   1 2