Hello everyone. I'm new.

Forum > General Discussion

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum nut have loved 4wd's since learning to drive in an '74 FJ40 back in 1977. 

I owned an FJ55 for a while, stock except for a 2" lift, unfortunately it was stolen. Got into an extremely thirsty '99 Jackaroo v6 a couple of years ago, and traded it in on my best investment so far, and 02 Navara dual cab ute. It does everthing I need so far, economical, great towing (3T to Mt Gambier with ease). But I'm yet to hit the tracks. 

I'm looking forward to coming on some trips, meeting other with the same 4wd interests.

I am on a pension, so fuel $ gets difficult at times, but when its there I just want to go bush. I'm planning on getting a set of muddies in late January.

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
13 Jul 2015

Welcome aboard Donald.  I assume your in Melbourne. The trips that are posted are great and the site has a good following.  Keep a constant watch for the trips as they book out very quick. A few weeks ago there was one that was booked out two hours after being posted.   I have been on around 8 trips so far and everyone was excellent.   Hope to see your Navara on a trip.  Take Care-  Tony.

Thank you Tony. I'm a bit north of Melbourne, in Broadford. I don't think I'll be going out much till the rains stop, not wirth the risk with my tyres, more on road than off, but they were on it when I bought it.

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
13 Jul 2015

Well. I am about 10 minutes from you.  I am at the base of Mt Dissapointment.  I tend to like the more challenging stuff that requires mud terrains.  Maybe we will see you on a trip in January with your new muddies.   Any idea on what you will be getting ?

I will be getting whatever I can afford at the time lol. I am hoping for something with an aggressive pattern, but I will be limited by funds :(

I imagine we've probably seen each other at sometime.

Summer months may be limited for me depending on how the fire season pans out this year. But I am hoping to get out and about.

Hi all i have bighorn 764 and find them to have a soft side wall as i have sliced them on rocks at 20-22 psi and at 330.00 each i expected more from them.

I wont be getting Bighorns then.