Tassie 14/12/2015 to 23/12/2013

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
08 Jul 2015

Myself & my 7 year old son are heading to Tassie.

Looking at leaving for overnight cruise on the Spirit of Tasmania.

Departure Melbourne 7.30pm Monday 14/12/2015 arrive in Devonport next morning.

Return departure from Devonport 23/12/2015 either, 9am for day cruise or 9pm for over night cruise. (Not exactly sure as yet)

I havent booked as yet, but will be booking by the 08/08/2015. These dates are still on the off peak season. (You must do own booking if interested)

Trip purpose is to travel around Tassie, do the sight seeing thing, do some tracks off-road, fishing, do some hiking etc, camp at camping grounds, or camp at caravan parks.

Im only looking for family orientated members. (Sorry, not interested in groups of males with no kids).

Im not sure if there will be much interest for families at that time a year, but i want to cap it at max 4 vehicles. I have no travel criteria plans at this stage i was just going to wing it day by day, but if this trip shows any interest, there is still heaps of time to make a trip plans etc.

Vehicle preperations-

UHF

All recovery equipment must be self supplied, at least bare minumin of snatch strap

All Terrain tyres minumin

Tyre Air Compressor/pump

Self sufficent for camping, which includes taking your own rubbish out with you

The roads & tracks may vary from very easy to difficult, pending on vehicles & driver experience that may attend.

I'm not a trip leader/organiser, just looking for a couple of vehicles to come to Tassie with me, I've got more then 15 years of experience of 4wding touring & travelling. I'm travellling in a Nissan GU Patrol, Ive got a good mapping system on my Samsung tablet & we'll get paper maps as well.

I'll definatly be booking my fares as of 08/08/2015, so that gives 4 weeks for you peoples to work out your plans

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
08 Jul 2015

Wow should be a great trip, one with a difference !!! Going back in time, didn't know there where members here with a Dillorian.....cool

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
09 Jul 2015

Wow should be a great trip, one with a difference !!! Going back in time, didn't know there where members here with a Dillorian.....cool

Yes Matt, very much looking forward to the trip. I havent been to Tassie in many many years

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
09 Jul 2015

Good to see you back again Stuart. Hopefully you will get a few to join you cause as you know, some of the west coast is not a place to be flying 'solo'.

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
13 Jul 2015

Thanks Allan. Yup I'm back in gear moving forward again. I hope I can get another  vehicle or two for the trip. If I'm flying solo, I guess I'll have to plan the trip with a lot of caution, defiantly won't be getting to adventurous, I'm pretty unformilular with Tassie & I'll have to do my home work before I leave  

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
14 Jul 2015

Thanks Allan. Yup I'm back in gear moving forward again. I hope I can get another  vehicle or two for the trip. If I'm flying solo, I guess I'll have to plan the trip with a lot of caution, defiant......

Happy to help out with a few suggestions if you want Stuart as I have been there a couple of times.

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
14 Jul 2015

That would be fantastic Allan, I would really appreciate your offer. Thanks for that. I went there about 15 years ago in a old Falcon XF ute & didn't get the opportunity to go off-road at all, so i missed a lot of it.

There's still a few months left, so I'll start planning the trip criteria in the next month or two. But if you could give me some ideas of areas to see/visit or tracks etc in the mean time, that would be awesome.

I've got Memory Maps on my Samsung Tablet with full Hema Maps & various other maps on the tablet, but mainly all Vic mapping. I will be downloading all the Tassie maps soon & backing it up with paper maps when i get there. Plus I have a Garmin Nuvi GPS. I hate getting miss placed, never call it lostcheeky coz i always know where i am, but at times i dont know how to get to where im headingcheeky I'm only ever miss placed!    

We are a possibility.....exploring some tracks sounds good....have not had the 4wd to,tassie before......but have seen some tracks from 2 wheels....😀

we are flexible with dates.....look forward to hearing more, regards Caz and Keith

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
11 Aug 2015

Caz & Keith. Check your inbox please. Message sent

Grant (308)
12 Aug 2015

Stuart, am giving it some serious thought. Have just booked holidays for December but no plans at this stage. Most likely it would be myself and 17old son as the 15yr old doesn't like to get dirty. I am completely open to rejection :) if you are looking for younger kids to go. Maybe your boy needs a big brother for a week? I will talk it over with the boys and try to gain interest and committment if your in agreance.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
13 Aug 2015

Stuart, 1stly great to see you the other week on the way to Mt Matlock.

Hope you get a few takers for your trip & looking forward to hearing what you think of the upgrades to the ship. Again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
25 Aug 2015

Stuart, 1stly great to see you the other week on the way to Mt Matlock.

Hope you get a few takers for your trip & looking forward to hearing what you think of the upgrades to the ship. Again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks Allan. Long time no see fella, it was great to see you again on the snow trip at Mt Matlock, we should of spend more time having a chat.

Tassie is all booked, might have to ask you on some good tracks, camp sites, & places to visit on the west coast if you dont mind sharing.

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
25 Aug 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
25 Aug 2015

Stuart, am giving it some serious thought. Have just booked holidays for December but no plans at this stage. Most likely it would be myself and 17old son as the 15yr old doesn't like to get dirty. I am completely open to rejection :) if yo......

Grant, You & your boys are most welcome to join the trip to Tassie.

Check your inbox fella. Message sent! Hope you can make it.

My apoligies for late reply. I have booked the Spirit of Tasmania for myself. All details are in the PM

Stuart
Stuart (knakkers)
25 Aug 2015

Message deleted by the author.