"MORE TRIPS!" - Apology from 4WD TRIP TEAM

Forum > Announcements

We have noticed that our system accidentally boardcasted a message titled "MORE TRIPS" for expressing interest. It was a forum message posted by one of our members trying to encourage others to post their trips. Usually our system would boardcast the forum message but for this occasion, it may look a bit inappropriate. We are terribly sorry about this.

Regards

4WD TRIP TEAM

I figured this one was just a message from an enthusiastic member and I would ask that you not disable this function because in my view, it's essential to the appeal of '4WD trip'. I enjoy getting the messages even if I'm not likely to go on the trip, just because it's good to see what adventures other 4WD'ers are up to. I think that the membership are likely to understand this little hiccup and you could probably send out an Admin News Broadcast once a month with a paragraph reminding people of the broadcast etiquette. 

I feel your pain though. I have a website with 50,000 subscribers and I had to turn off the broadcast function because of a flood of spammers joining up and sending spam messages about cheap shoes and weight loss supplements. Pain in the butt 'eh. I even had to disallow all new sign-ups with yahoo.com email accounts.

I look forward to receiving more trip notifications and enjoying 4WDtrip as it grows.

Cheers, Dave Walkerden

Steve (toadcatcha)
07 Jul 2015

no,all good.i may not be able to go on trips but I still want to know about them.keep going as you are.

Damien
Damien (ZBO310)
07 Jul 2015

I was not offended.
It did at least inspire me to check the site again!

Mark
Mark (blackduck)
07 Jul 2015

No probs all good

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
08 Jul 2015

No offense taken.  I took it as an enthusiastic member (who does post many trips) trying to persuade us all to post more trips which is something that is needed.  Keep up the good work.

()
14 Jul 2015

No problem.

Carry on.

Things take time to improve