Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
06 Jul 2015

Stop posting trip 'ideas' and actually get out there and 'do' trips! There are barely any trips coming up and considering there are 1000 members that's pretty lame. Get out there folks!

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
07 Jul 2015

Jason, I sort of understand where you are coming from, but I think the forum is progressing well with numerous trips run since it began. With a 1000 members & growing, am sure more trips will eventuate & just take a look at a few other forums; one in particular has over 50000 members & trips on that are 'few & far between' with only the Sth Aussie mob running trips on a semi regular basis. There is another forum I am a member of that also only runs the odd trip from time to time & if someone does attempt to arrange a trip, there are very few if any responses.

I guess in the winter months trips will not be as regular, as am sure there are some people, like me, who dont particularly like going out and playing in mud or arent fond of the cold weather. Another thing to consider is that for many, seasonal track closures may play a part, even though I will admit there are still plenty of places to go 4wding if you are keen.

By the same token, I tend to agree that the 'Trip Ideas' section of the forum can be frustrating...frown.  I know when a person might put up a thread stating; "Am thinking of running a trip to 'so & so', anyone interested?", Kelvin trys to encourage them to put it the 'Post a Trip' section & see if they get any takers. I would be more inclined to change this section of the forum to 'Trip & Travel Advice'. For example, someone may be considering going to the Simpson Desert, so they could start a thread 'Simpson Desert' asking relevant questions that I am sure would be answered by a number of members who have done this trip. Thinking about, I guess the section '4wd tracks & destinations' covers that....wink.

Anyway Jason, I am sure as the weather improves, more trips will be posted.