200 series

Forum > General Discussion
Musti
Musti (boss200)
28 Jun 2015

Hey guys just joined, just wondering if theres any other guys that have a 200 series cruiser???

Daniel
Daniel (dswiders)
28 Jun 2015

Yeap sure have.  Only got it 3 weeks ago and still wondering what all the buttons do inside the cab.

I'm currently living in Kilsyth, but about to head off to Lightning Ridge, across to Camerons corner and through the Flinders ranges.  Will be towing 17.5" off road caravan, and we estimate that we will take about 4 months to do it with various side trips along the way.

Cheers, Daniel

Conrad
Conrad (conradgrrd)
28 Jun 2015

Yes I do. Haven't had a chance in taking her out recently. Just had a little one. So all my 4 wheeling plans are on hold till next year. For now all I have been doing is just spending money on the thing strapping on new gear but not getting a chance to test it out. Spewing!!!!.

Musti
Musti (boss200)
28 Jun 2015

Well we should catch up n do a day trip on the weekend would be good guys

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
28 Jun 2015

Indeed Doc .... We do love the 200.... Luxo touring and very capable out of the box as an adventure truck..... We did the Flinders Ranges and Akaroola last year .... Sensational ...and I ventured to Innamincka and Cameron corner on a separate trip.... Great roads and the 200 will tow your van with ease..... Good roads made easy with plenty of pulling power.....4 mo out there will be sensational ...... Enjoy Hitman

I've had my 200 for 4 years now, it goes great.  IVe added a 3 inch exhaust anda DP chip and has made a great improvement in terms of power. I've towed a 2 tonne quad bike support trailer through the Simpson Dessert (twice) and it handled it well, so I think you can just about throw it at anything and it will do good.  I've added ARB diff lockers and an auto torque lockup kit as well as a 2 inch lift on kone 90 shockers and am very very happy with its overall performance and comfort.  We normally tow a small 4wd camper with it (only 1.2t) and you wouldn't even know it's behind you !.  I reckon you can't go wrong with the 200 but mind you I've never done any water crossings in it and I've always been concerned with all the electronics in it,  Has any other 200 series owners done lots of water crossings and can comment ?

Musti
Musti (boss200)
28 Jun 2015

Done a few small ones, havnt had much problems do you do any local stuff in vic? Day trips??

I've done the high plains a few times in the 200 but I prefer to use my quad bike when doing mountain work and do most of it in Tassie.  I use my 4wds more for desert work like the Simpson and the Canning etc.  I'm actually in Cairns now about to do the Cape but I'm leaving the 200 in Cairns and doing the Cape on my Quad bike for the next 3 weeks. (I have a Nissan 4.2 tray Patrol that I use for Quad support work and it's being driven by my fatherinlaw as a quad recovery vehicle but being a mechanical pump old fasion diesel I don't worry about water crossings as much)

Don't own one, but I drive one at work every day for the last few years (ever since they came out).  Anything you want to know?