Madigan Line (Nth Simpson Desert)

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next

Tony (V8 Ute)
27 Jun 2015

I am looking for some fellow 4x4 explorers interested in doing a crossing of the Madigan line, i think i have missed this year. I am difinately interested in doing it next year 2016. was thinking about August September.

John (JDecay)
27 Jun 2015

Tony,

I'd be interested of doing the Madigan Line next year.  Ran into some travelers last year; we met at the intersection of the Hay River Tk and the Madigan Line.  Sounds like an intersting trip.

I would be in a Prado, traveling with my wife.  We have done quite a bit of 4x4 over the years.

Keep me informed please.

JD

Tim Cantone
Tim Cantone (Boss)
27 Jun 2015

Hi Tony,

I would jump at the opportunity to join this trip . Please keep me updated with any progress.

Thanks , Tim

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
27 Jun 2015

Hi Guys.  I may be interested next year (not yet sure). My main reason for replying to this post was to let you know I was the trip leader across the Madigan Line a few years ago, and that if I can assist you with any info, please free to fire any questions at me.

Kind regards Tony.

Graham (Grum4wding)
27 Jun 2015

We finished the Madigan line two weeks ago. Great trip. Easy driving and easy navigation which disappointed us a bit. Did a few side trips that were out there but the main track is an easy drive. Enjoy. 

Gary
Gary (poppyg)
27 Jun 2015

Hi Tony it sounds great I'm interested keep us informed. Cheers

Andy (Andy-Leanne)
27 Jun 2015

This is a trip that we could also be interested in. Have crossed the Simpson twice before, but interested in following the GPS coordinates.

Andy and Leanne

Brian
Brian (Hitman)
27 Jun 2015

A real chance if we don't do the Tele Track in 2016..... Will watch with interest .

We are a maybe at this stage.  Keith is going the West - East on the French line next week.  And we want to do another trip next year.

Does the Madigan line have sand dunes too?

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
27 Jun 2015

Hi Ya Gary.  Mate i'm telling you nothing more about the Mado, till you send me a few pix of that new truck of yours yes

Hope all is well.  Why dont you tag along on the Walhalla trip next weekend?  (Deep Creek 1,2,3.......)

Let me know how the new build is going.  Cheers-  Tony.

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
27 Jun 2015

We are a maybe at this stage.  Keith is going the West - East on the French line next week.  And we want to do another trip next year.

Does the Madigan line have sand dunes too?

Hi Carolyn. Yes. The Madigan Line has dunes as well.  1100 of them (roughly 2 per kilometer).  A little more of a challenge if you travel east to west. Cheers.

We had planned a Madigan line trip in 2015 but had to defer but it is now locked in between 8th Auguste and 26th August 2016,  I've now posted the rescheduled trip on the web site. 

Hi Tony it sounds great I'm interested keep us informed. Cheers

Hi Gar. You had expressed interest in our 2015 trip that was deferred but we have now locked the dates in for 2016 and its up on the web now. Regards. Richard

John (JDecay)
28 Jun 2015

We had planned a Madigan line trip in 2015 but had to defer but it is now locked in between 8th Auguste and 26th August 2016,  I've now posted the rescheduled trip on the web site. 

Richard,

I indicated interest when you posted your original trip and have also put my hand up for Tony's (V8 ute) trip.  I'm flexible wrt times.  So keep me informed please.

JD

PS needed to do a couple of edits, sorry.

(mauriceb)
29 Jun 2015

Message deleted by the author.

1 2   Next