Matt
Matt (Matt86)
21 Jun 2015

G'day Guys,

New member just wondering what are the best / hardest tracks to do at Cobaw thinking about a trip there in the next few months but want challenging and technical drives?? For cars similar to mine Nissan Patrol td42 3 inch lift and all the associated gear as well as 37's highmount winch turboed snokrle ect..

Cheers

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
21 Jun 2015

Not sure of the hard tracks in Cobaw, never been there but I would assume all the really good ones are closed for winter, there is a full list of all closed tracks in vic in the announcements section of the forum.

Eddie
Eddie (Tonka)
16 Jul 2015

Cobaw has no closures, and plenty to keep you interested even for the 35in+ crowd.

Alcorns, Mad Man Hill and a few unmarked tracks are all a good challange.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
16 Jul 2015

Cobaw is only small so easy to explore, half the fun,  alcorns is easier than it used to be, mad hill only if you have good winch, have seen winch trucks bust stuff there, around the soil pit area is some good tracks, camp tk, plenty of washed out rutted tracks all round the park really

cheers.

Matt
Matt (Matt86)
16 Jul 2015

Hey Guys thanks for that just a quick question where is mad man Hill? I know Alcorns and the other mentioned but don't know If I have hit this hill or not.

cheers

Eddie
Eddie (Tonka)
16 Jul 2015

Message deleted by the author.

Eddie
Eddie (Tonka)
16 Jul 2015
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
16 Jul 2015

A mate from another forum was up there a few weekends ago & after looking at his pics & videos, I plan to go up there for a bit of a 'look/see' in 2 or 3 weeks as some of the tracks look 'very inviting'...smiley.

So I will give a report on some of the tracks, but wont be looking at any tracks that require huge tyres, highmount winches, turbo etc Matt.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
20 Jul 2015

Am planning to go up there next Saturday, so will give some feedback on the tracks etc.

I went there yesterday in my stock Navara and had no problems. It was a bit slippery in places and a few good bog holes. 1 swallowed a Disco with a 4" lift on 35's and a 100 series with lift a 35's. Both had front and rear lockers. Most tracks easy to moderate with a few difficult ones there. I don't remember the names I was too busy concentrating on driving.