What's your future plans for your 4by.

Forum > General Discussion

Dale Collins (Colli)
28 Jun 2014

Got any planed mods for your 4wd, any oneday dreams as to what you wanna get the 4wd to be?

Dale Collins (Colli)
28 Jun 2014

for me, nothing in the imediate future. but once I've saved up some money. I wanna get a lift, chuck some more lights on it, some underbody protection, uhf and some brush gaurds and sidesteps onto it. 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
28 Jun 2014

Looking to add a rock slider and lightbar.....

Mick
Mick (Surfs Up)
29 Jun 2014

Bullbar n winch are big on the list, some drawers in the back and get a dual battery hooked up for some camping 

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
29 Jun 2014

Finish off my fridge Slider, Get a set of Rock Sliders (Before i do to much more damage to the Sills), Under Body Protection(Before i rip the Gearbox Cross member off), Cargo barrer (To Stop stuff hitting me in the head when i go down a big hill), fit an Inverter & Add some more Lights (No im not scared of the Dark i just like to see where im going & what im about to Hit surpriseLOL).

Jase
Jase (Jase69er)
29 Jun 2014

I'm looking to work out how I can get 5 days off aweek and only work 2, not the other way round. Who ever invented 5 days on and 2 days off needs shooting.

Andrew
Andrew (Kimmdogg)
29 Jun 2014

Proper bullbar.  Currently have the factory standard ( pedestrian friendly, you know the rubber coated thin Steel version).  Nutted out a 4x4 place in Smythsdale that will install a Discovery 2 bull slightly altered to suit the Range Rover $1600 installed and endorsed.  So that's next, then a a winch possibly the Ironman one, but open to suggestions as I'm not very up to date on the good vs Bad.  I have heard good stuff on Warn, but are expensive.

Robert
Robert (Rigger64)
29 Jun 2014

Proper bullbar.  Currently have the factory standard ( pedestrian friendly, you know the rubber coated thin Steel version).  Nutted out a 4x4 place in Smythsdale that will install a Discovery 2 bull slightly altered to suit the Range ......

Well i use a 12,000Lb Ridge Rider & have not had a problem yet & i give it absulute Hell in fact on one day alone it coped an Absulute flogging like about an hour & a half of work & it is still pulling very well i striped it down the other week & all is still clean & dry even after being put through Water, Sloppy mud.

That just my 2 cents worth.

Dale Collins (Colli)
29 Jun 2014

Looking to add a rock slider and lightbar.....

Have a look at some korr light bars, just picked one up myself and im mightly impressed with it.

Dale Collins (Colli)
29 Jun 2014

Proper bullbar.  Currently have the factory standard ( pedestrian friendly, you know the rubber coated thin Steel version).  Nutted out a 4x4 place in Smythsdale that will install a Discovery 2 bull slightly altered to suit the Range ......

I'm running a warn 9,000lbs at the moment, has been alright the few times I've had to use it, but i had a good look at the mean mothers at the explore aus expo, and they looked like an awesome bit of kit.

Steve
Steve (tasl)
06 Aug 2014

I have just put a duel battery and 2" lift.  This was steps on my way to getting a winch bar and winch.  I am getting a elocker next week.  With new tyres needed before the tracks reopen in november.  

Snorkel, rear lights (putting hints with the kids for fathers dAY)Light bars, rocksliders and side protection

Chris
Chris (BDR)
07 Aug 2014

I still have to finish off my winch, but there is a list for the Patrol

35s when the new Treps come out

4.1s

Front locker

Superior rear lower arms

Icom UHF

Compressor and tank

Sliders

That list should do for this year, i am sure at some stage more will be added, still waiting in hope some one cracks the ECU for the 4.8 auto, then there will be power mods too, but THAT seems to be a looooong way a way :(

I'm looking to work out how I can get 5 days off aweek and only work 2, not the other way round. Who ever invented 5 days on and 2 days off needs shooting.

i dont know about 5 days but i work 4 x 12 hr shifts finnish 6:30 thursday night on dayshift start night shift 6pm monday night on night shift

I want to get front & rear diff locks next

Adam (lightfoot)
12 Oct 2014

Bar, winch, scrub bars,  LED lights to replace the existing stuff, 33's and ....

http://creativeconversions.com.au/

To make it into a twin cab ute with a proper canopy for the long trips.

And, if the boos approves it, Duramax and Allison conversion. Or whatever is the equlivilant when I get the coin.