opinions please guys.

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3 4
Phil
Phil (Lingus)
13 Jun 2015

hi Barney, I had a 2006 3ltr diesel Jeep Grand cherokee with 2' lift and AT Mickey Tompson and I found it to be a great 4x4 in the hihg country, but when something went wrong parts are pricey and unfortunately in 2013 it was involved in a big accident it was a right off. Which left me in the same spot as you looking at some old 4bies.In Feb 2014 I decided that I needed a good relyable for work horse and 4 wheel for the drive for high country and crossing the simpson desert later this year with headache free with maintenance. So I deceded to bite the bullet and buy a new twin cab and I read all the forums, magazines ,and drove them all.

I bought a 2014 manual 3.2ltr, 5 cyl  Ford XLS Ranger and had a 150 ltr Davis brown tank, AT Baja P3 Mickey Tompsons, and now with a hard 80k on the clock later with capped services, I have'nt looked back (especially with fuel consumption ranging from 6.8 up to10.5), and not one thing gone wrong

All I can say is, way up all your options , even  new or newish . Oh yeah my personal (money for value), verdict on the new twin cabs at the was ,none of the Toyota's,   BT50 good apart from the looks,  Isuzu D-max has a good truck motor good but a bit small inside and noisy, Amarock  I liked but 4cyl & not one for the bush,   Navara forget it. to soft suspension & 4 cyl , The rest, forget it, not even close.

good luck & hope you choose well .

Tc
Tc (toncastr)
17 Jun 2015

Preferences
§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

So Brett - whats your decision? And why?

Previous   1 2 3 4