(SOLD) 08 Hilux for sale

Forum > For Sale - Accessories & Parts
1 2   Next
Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
01 Jun 2015

08 Hilux SR for sale - $30k with RWC.

The bottom line- this ute is EXTREMELY well maintained, which makes all the difference. My cash and efforts go into maintenance and a smooth running ride, not shiny stuff.

This is the one you've been keeping an eye out for. The schmuck that does absolutely everything to the truck then sells it straight after. 143k on the clock. Reason for selling - I bought a Wrangler.

Major selling points are - All this has been done in the last two years since I've had it. It was bog stock before. So all the maintenance/mods are fresh and will last for ages.

1. New injectors and fuel lines @ 130k. There was nothing wrong with the old ones but I'm paranoid and wasn't used to the diesel engine noise.

2. Twin Harrop E-Lockers - Yes, front and rear. This includes new diff bearings and oils.

3. Tough Dog adjusable shocks creating a 2inch lift - with new poly bushes.

4. New Toyota wheel bearings all around.

5. Brakes machined, new pads and fluids about six months ago.

6. Heavy duty steel tray with strong hinges and locks.

7. Large tool box on the tray.

8. Exedy Sports Tuff clutch only one year old - oil changed 2 weeks ago.

9. Timing belt changed recently.

10. Pulleys replaced + fan belt.

11. Powerful 4X4 heavy duty steel bar, side steps and brush bars.

12. Powerful 4X4 4mm steel under body protection with recovery point (same shape as ARB but thicker).

13. Oil changed every 5,000k's or less.

14. K&N air filter + paper filter.

15. New AC gas.

16. Complete intake system cleaned.

17. Radiator pulled out, cleaned and flushed.

18. ECU updated to current specs by Toyota.

19. Fuel filters changed religiously. Spare included with the sale.

20 6 aftermarket speakers (6x9s + front splits), Pioneer 6 inch touch screen with digital radio, bluetooth streaming audio, plays movies, etc.

21. Tinted windows + weather shields

22. Sealed snorkel

23. 3" Redback Extreme Duty exhaust fitted - the best I could find. High flow Cat and resonator.

24. LT 235x85 road tyres

25. Full log book of my servicing.

26. Racor secondary fuel filter for safety.

27. Oil catch can to prevent sludge buildup in the intake system.

28. Rubberized coating for protection on the underside.

29. And last but not least... (Last on the list because I was trying to figure out how to keep it) Unichip Q+ with injector driver, dyno tuned - 5 map switch - 5. Immobilise 4. Regular 3. Rock crawling 2. Highway 1. Power. I only put this in three months ago but I'm switching to a non-compatible 4x4 so I can't take it (I'm annoyed). This chip adjusts boost, throttle, fuel pressure, timing, fuel injection length and all works in a 3d map directly related to load on the engine. The best I could find at $2,300 from Dynomotive.

Did I mention OBSESSED with maintenance? You won't get stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Send me a message or give me a bell if you're interested - 0434526111 Jason

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
01 Jun 2015

I have personaly witnessed this Highlux on several occasions out drive the larger trucks while still showing the utmost respect his vehicle , who ever ends up with this will enjoy many many years of hassle free motoring.

Jason welcome to the brighter side .

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
01 Jun 2015

Thanks funny bugger. See you soon on the trails.

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
09 Jun 2015

I too can vouch for this vehicle.  I have been on two trips with Jason.  This vehicle has two things going for it-  1) Very capable & 2) Very well looked after.

Will be a good buy for someone.

Whats the next vehile Jason ?

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
09 Jun 2015

Thanks Tony. You'll just have to wait and see. 😆

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
09 Jun 2015

If its so good why are you selling??

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
09 Jun 2015

Decided to go bigger. Full cabin, 35 inch tyres, 3 inch lift. Things you can't do with a lux. That's all.

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
09 Jun 2015

A Toyota ?

Tony
Tony (le Dakar)
09 Jun 2015

Nah. I don't think so. So is it a brand new Wrangler or Second hand Jason ? 

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
09 Jun 2015

No. Couldn't afford the toyota I wanted. It's much more fun and customizable though. ☺

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
10 Jun 2015

mmm 35 inch tyres, nice, wish I could do that on the Disco without spending another 3 k to get the diffs re geared and tougher CV's and well everything after market so it didn't just spit out broken bits of metal, but hey smaller tyres just make you pick better lines or track build if worst comes to worst

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
10 Jun 2015

Ha! A pesimist in the house? 33s are awesome, but I've gone up to 34.3 and I'm happy with that. I'll just have to go with the flow I suppose. I have a fair idea of what to expect. Anyway, any chance we can stop talking about the new car and get to selling the old one? :) 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
10 Jun 2015

na not a pesimist but a realist, Discos don't handle tyres that big without some mods to stop the diffs breaking and ALL 4wd's need re gearing when going more than a small tryre size increase to keep them drivable plus then there is our legal obligation to get anything over a 2 inch increase engineered so we are still covered by insurance.

When I was panel beating I saw a few insurance claims knocked back due to illegal mods, something that everyone says " it won't happen to me".

Back on topic...

Any bites yet??

Sorry I certainly won't be buying a Lux...

hey jason seen you tonight in mordialloc  headihg home  nice 4 wd  nice colour could not pick the colour  lots to do on it   see you soon on the next trip   

Jason
Jason (FauxBogan)
15 Jun 2015

hey jason seen you tonight in mordialloc  headihg home  nice 4 wd  nice colour could not pick the colour  lots to do on it   see you soon on the next trip   

Ha! Sorry I didn't see you Pal. It's a pretty strong colour isn't it. 

I just sold the Lux. :(

1 2   Next